cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What chassis ?

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
Recently bought a 1999 holiday rambler 40' .. Imperial ... But previous owner didn't know what chassis it had. It has a cummins 8.3 350 hp engine. I don't see it in any of the papers. Where can I find?
8 REPLIES 8

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
You done good. The Monaco Roadmaster 8 outboard air bag chassis in one of the best in the industry, The best if you delete the foretravels and other million dollar coaches.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
OP, you need to call Monaco ((877) 466-6226 + last six of your vin) and check on a change in tire size to something bigger than the OEM 275/70/22.5. You also need to weigh your rig loaded for travel with full fuel and at least 1/2 water before replacing your tires to confirm if you need tires with more load rating.
I seem to remember that a 295/80/22.5 is what was recommended but this was a long time ago. There is a lot of info hidden in the SEARCH BOX, especially the advance search that will let you search for things from more than the last year. Try RR8R.
PS: Welcome to the forums.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
Yea.... I need new tires (age) 275-70-R22.5 He said he never replaced any tires, but the front tires I believe are 08 date code.

The funny thing was the previous owner all he kept talking about is how good it handled and it was one of the best chassis. So I asked him which chassis it was and he was like .. ahhh its in all the paperwork.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
The RR8R chassis is one of the best handling ones built although some feels it rides too stiff. It shines on curvy roads without leaning or losing control without the use of sway bars. In later years ping tanks were added to soften the ride of the front axle. Weighing your rig and adjusting the tire pressures is especially important on the front axle.
What size tires do you have and how old are they.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
A 99 Monaco will have a roadmaster chassis..exclusive to Monaco. The RR8R means you have 8 airbags. The RR4R chassis had trailing arm issues.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
It does .... Both in front, and behind the front and rear tires

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
What's an rr8r

I'll go look now

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Call Monaco with the last six numbers of your vin or look in front of a front tire and see if there is a airbag there. Pretty sure you will find one there and behind the tire making it a RR8R. Same on the rear axle but easier to see them on the front.