cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Did You Do in your Sprinter Based RV Today?

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to get people who own them to post their experiences;

Yesterday I installed a MUCH louder horn "Bad Boy" from Harbor Freight, easy install. Also added more shelving in the Bathroom closet.
2004 Meridian towing 96 Tracker
If you don't stand behind our TROOPS feel free to stand in front of them during a fire fight

In God We Trust ALL Others pay CASH
112 REPLIES 112

9er
Explorer
Explorer
Just took the 24g to the body shop after taking out a deer on i75 in Michigan
middle of the day,have to say the view took a pretty good punch but was able to keep going,drove it for another 200 miles north then week later drove it home 500 miles,found out later the radiator needs replaced along with a few other things 4800 estimate,thank goodness for vanishing deductible,progressive has been wonderful

DKeppner
Explorer
Explorer
I bid farewell to this group. The Vista Mini heads to a new owner in 2 weeks. Its been a wonderful ride!
Its not the Destination or the Journey.
Its the Excursion

DKeppner
Explorer
Explorer
Amazing how the little Vista Mini fits in just about anywhere and always gets comments. Here's last month's stop in Monroe, WA.
Its the Excursion

DKeppner
Explorer
Explorer
Dakzuki wrote:
Started prepping for first trip of the year. Dewinterized for the last time this season. Off to the coast for Earth Day beach clean up this weekend!!!

Heading to your side of the mountains next month. Intend on taking the ferry to Kingston then further west , north, then south to Westport. Got some razor clams in my sights.
Its the Excursion

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
Started prepping for first trip of the year. Dewinterized for the last time this season. Off to the coast for Earth Day beach clean up this weekend!!!
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

deborahsheik
Explorer
Explorer
Continuing the mattress modifications...to keep them from pushing toward the rear and separating during the night...and to have a headboard of sorts to keep pillows from slipping down into the storage area and our heads off the rear shade.
Oy vey ๐Ÿ™‚
Deborah and Jack
Englewood, Florida
2014 Winnebago Era 70a
AKA "Diva Mobile" ๐Ÿ˜‰

DKeppner
Explorer
Explorer
I can't say enough good about TnS Products. After I explained my problem they quickly authorized the return and refund.

So, now I have the Blue Ox Aventa LX from PPL (they were the cheapest by at least $50). Fast and easy.

Happiness is having a toad:
Its the Excursion

DKeppner
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I thought I would be on the road this weekend trying out the new toad on a couple of grades near Pendleton and some fishing holes near La Grande. No such luck as I am now the unhappy owner of a ReadyBrake system that can't be installed on the Jeep due to components and a steering column. Tried everything even taking to the Jeep dealer to see what we could move around - absolutely no luck.

Now attempting to recoup the costs and find an alternative. I would cry if it wasn't so durn funny.
Its the Excursion

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
DKeppner wrote:
Wow, I can't be the only one still breathing! New for me is a toad - yea, I know, the rig can get us around just fine but there are some fishing holes I'll be hitting this summer that pass over narrow roads and hanging trees, not worth the risk. 2014 Jeep Patriot with the manual tranny - realistic weight: 3220.

First trip of the year on a cold and blustery day was Dry Falls, Washington.

Good call. You don't want to be taking the Sprinter C up that road to Dry Falls lake.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

DKeppner
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, I can't be the only one still breathing! New for me is a toad - yea, I know, the rig can get us around just fine but there are some fishing holes I'll be hitting this summer that pass over narrow roads and hanging trees, not worth the risk. 2014 Jeep Patriot with the manual tranny - realistic weight: 3220.

First trip of the year on a cold and blustery day was Dry Falls, Washington.

Its the Excursion

DKeppner
Explorer
Explorer
Went for a 100 mile drive along the Columbia river staying below the frost line to charge up the batteries, exercise the generator and simply to get out. I actually saw other rv's out as well so I'm not the only one anxious for spring.
Its the Excursion

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I added a Maxxair vent cover over the Fantastic Fan I had installed earlier in the bathroom. Now we can leave the vent open all the time.
2004 Meridian towing 96 Tracker
If you don't stand behind our TROOPS feel free to stand in front of them during a fire fight

In God We Trust ALL Others pay CASH

DKeppner
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Wes, looks like I may have a side trip coming up. (Even though I can't stand driving in Portland)

fortytwo wrote:
Dkeppner,
The limitation is due to the "extension rails" that we're used lengthen the Sprinter. Those rails were of the thinnest gauge possible, and in my Winnie View they even had "lightening" holes about 2" in diameter cut in them to keep empty weight low.

Winnebago sells the rails used in 09 and later models which raise the tow rating to 500#/5k. Unfortunately, for my View both waste tanks have to be dropped to replace the rails - about a $2,500 fix. You can get rail braces from Upscale Auto in Portland, OR, which I recommend, but they don't increase the hitch capacity.

Wes
Its the Excursion

fortytwo
Explorer
Explorer
Dkeppner,
The limitation is due to the "extension rails" that we're used lengthen the Sprinter. Those rails were of the thinnest gauge possible, and in my Winnie View they even had "lightening" holes about 2" in diameter cut in them to keep empty weight low.

Winnebago sells the rails used in 09 and later models which raise the tow rating to 500#/5k. Unfortunately, for my View both waste tanks have to be dropped to replace the rails - about a $2,500 fix. You can get rail braces from Upscale Auto in Portland, OR, which I recommend, but they don't increase the hitch capacity.

Wes
Wes
"A beach house isn't just real estate. It's a state of mind." Pole Sitter in Douglas Adams MOSTLY HARMLESS