cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the oil and greased the chassis. Bought a light unit off of E-Bay and installed it into the Norcold with one or those fan thingy 'es. Seems to work pretty good.

ON EDIT:

KarenInTheWoods wrote:
...Last week we tore up rotted bathroom floor and replaced all the subfloor etc. and laminate flooring with tile looking pattern. NOT so easy peasy.
Floor replacement

Very nicely done Karen!!!
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

Honorman
Explorer
Explorer
Thought about ordering a new spring for my jack.:R
:)1997 Holiday Rambler 32.5 Ft Class A Motohome 1987 Porsche Toad on dolly for now

letssay
Explorer
Explorer
You guys can do everything! You're amazing. I put gas in and went to a campground where I put down the jacks and set up the folding chairs. Actually, everywhere I said 'I' insert DH :C
Next I'll work on that hyperdrive project; I like the looks of that alot!
There's no place like home; that's why we take ours with us :B

Enjoy your day!
2005 36' Discovery DP
1 happy husband
1 cool dog (Bradley Yeahbutt) and
Dr. Baxxter Peabody PHD waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

KarenInTheWoods
Explorer
Explorer
2 weeks ago we coated the fiberglass roof with elastomeric coating. Easy peasy.
Elastomeric roof project

Last week we tore up rotted bathroom floor and replaced all the subfloor etc. and laminate flooring with tile looking pattern. NOT so easy peasy.
Floor replacement

This week we replaced the seal in our Sealand ceramic toilet, easy peasy.

Other mods and repairs we have made

and right now we are sitting in a lovely quiet campground in the woods!
Karen and Steveio
Safari Serengeti 38 ft DP
Tracker 4x4 Toad
(My RV Blog RVing: Small House - BIG Backyard
(Camping/Family Photos) http://picasaweb.google.com/pfundt/

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
In the last month ok? New shocks (Road Kings), new entry steps, replaced CRT with LCD in front and bedroom with cabinet modifications, upgraded switches throughout the coach, moved the satellite dish from midcoach to the front and had the dish components upgraded to HD. I think I'll wait for next year to do the other upgrades - no I think I have to!!!
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

dezertcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Over the Labor day weekend I did a bunch of stuff to the MH. I figured since we were not going out for the holiday I would spend it getting it ready for the rest of the summer and winter desert season.
Saturday I changed the engine oil & filter, checked the air filter and rest of the fluids. The I changed the gen oil, filter and replaced the air filter too. I noticed the upper fuel filter on the gen seemed to be leaking around the seams. And now Onan claims that you dont need the upper fuel filter and the replacement is a longer fuel line barb, so that to got changed.
I checked all the plug wires as my 03 Southwind has the 8.1 and we all know about the plug wires burning on those. All the wires and air ducts looked great and I added a bit of new dielectric grease to each wire. I then greased all the zerk fittings on the suspension and driveline. The last thing I did on Saturday was get one of those headlight cleaning kits and cleaned the headlights. They look much better.

Sunday right after morning church service I came home and washed the MH from top to bottom. After that I decided to wax it! What a job that is! I used the Meguires blue bottle marine/rv wax. First I used the #45 polish. I have a 7in orbital buffer to put it on and then a took it off by hand. This took about 4 to 5 hours to do the front, sides and back. I then took the Aerospace 303 and wiped down the little bit of vinyl graphics it has.

Monday we had a family party to be at, but I had 4 hours in the morning to finish up what ever I needed to get done. So I pulled out the buffer and Meguires #56 pure wax carnauba. This stuff went on and off so good, I could not believe it! I think I spent less then 2 1/2 hours waxing the whole thing. The shine I got is incredible. The coach is a 2003 and I take very good care of my things, but I must say I think it looks as good as new if not better now. After that I had time to go over the windows and mirrors one more time and I was done for the weekend.

I ordered 50 square feet of B-Quite sound deadening mat with heat barrier. It just came in this week, so I think this will be my next project to tackle this weekend. I'm hoping it will help quite down the engine area and help with some of the heat felt coming threw the floor. I had started a thread on hear awhile back about this topic and a few said B-Quite was what they had used and it worked well. So we will see!

emmmw
Explorer
Explorer
Started waxing it today. Got about 1/3rd done when it started raining... thanks to Tropical Storm Danny, I got a break. 1/3rd looks SWEET! Will hit it again tomorrow! Almost forgot... also bought two new cup holders for the dining table to replace the original 1" deep ones that couldn't hold anything.

Peter_L
Explorer
Explorer
Last week we traded in our 2005 Holiday Rambler Neptune 34SKD for a 2004 Monaco Diplomat 40 PST with only 12,000 miles on it and this past Monday we took off for Newport Oregonโ€™s Outdoor Resorts on our maiden voyage to check out all systems and get a feel for driving a larger coach.
The weather in Newport was mixed as we had both sun, mist, fog, clouds and finally heavy rain as we left for home.
The Monaco drove like a dream on its 8 air bags, shocks, steering stabilizer, and the previous owner installed a Banks Power Pack System which made the 330 Cummins Turbo hum up the steepest of grades on the coast range we crossed.
With three slide outs the Diplomat provided much more inside space which was one of the main reasons we wanted a larger coach and the interior appointments are exceptional.
Overall the trip was a grand success and we are now looking forward to our annual winter get-a-way south to get out of Oregonโ€™s wet, cold and gray winter.

CaBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Traced out & replaced a blown fuse that feeds the ceiling lights in the bathroom. Also replaced 2 broken drawer hook type latches that mount on the back side of drawers.
The older I get, the better I used to be.
1997 Prevost by Country Coach
470 HP Series 60 Detroit / 6 SP. Allison
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
Same Co-Pilot for 46 years
2 Boston Terriers, Scout & Mia

4gone
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced my transfer switch that went kaput trip before last. Also installed a removable way to hang wet coats, etc. in the shower. Tidied up a bit.
2018 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31G
2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Even Brake
Firestone air bags
Blue Ox Alladin tow bar
Hankook Tires

Gadget_Guy1
Explorer
Explorer
Tearing out the rug, pulling staples, getting it ready to install Allure. Big job, just hope I can get the hardwood out from under the kitchen cabinets without to much trouble. Job for tomorrow.

chiefswife
Explorer
Explorer
DH and reinstalled three day night shades that I had restrung--
all-in-all not too hard to do, except the for the four string one, could have used a couple extra pair of hands on that one.
But we got it all done and they look goooood!
DH John Carson
me
Dog: Buddy, half Cocker Spaniel - half ? = totally adorable!

Interlochen
Explorer
Explorer
Did away with the electronic double thermostats in the bedroom. Instaled a thero near the dining table and one in the bedroom. works great for heat and air cond. The intel system had a mind of it's own and really did not care if you were hot or cold. The new ones have 2 degree swing from off to on, much more comfortable.
Graybeard

petiredpete
Explorer
Explorer
trouble shot and fixed atwood w/heater 2day thx. 2 help from a couple of posts..turned out to be a bad thermal inline link between stat and control board...rv dealer ripped me $28+ for 2 in a pack...now that i know what they are i'll make my own for under $2 each...going 2 store now 4 epson salt and a plastic washtub to soak the rip in...lol...this thread is the 2nd. best part of this site...

Goodturn
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced 2 roof antennas, (I don't know what the 3rd one is for?) and hooked up my Sirius ready radio, installed that antenna, and activated Sirius. No more station serching for us!