cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a 1 1/2 gallon accumulator ( metal one like the kind used on sprinkler pumps)on my water system. This by far was one of the best low cost updates I've ever done. I can run lots of water before the pump runs to refill the accumulator which takes about 15 seconds. The toilet can be flushed about 15 times or get a couple of glasses of water before the pump runs. The pump used to run anytime a faucet was turn on which was annoying or the camode flushed, especially at night. Also replace the 26" flatscreen with a 37" LCD. Went camping this weekend and liked it.
KDK
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo

CaBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Snowfether wrote:
I'm getting older and lazier and after reading everything you guys are doing on your MH's, wondering if there should be one in my future!

Don't know a thing about Auto-Park indicators, air leaks, roof caulking (or ANY kind of caulking for that matter!), replacing seals, fixing broken stuff or lubing and oiling anything.

I can cook, I can drive, I can read a map, use a cell phone and computer, and take care of a mildly disabled hubby....all the rest...can I learn it? Can I hire it fixed? Can I get help if something goes wrong?

I just want to buy it, enjoy it and deal with whatever comes my way. Is that a totally irresponsible way of looking at our dream?

Lacy

Absolutely nothing wrong with that approach. There are mobile RV repair guys and shops that do any and everything you could need done. To do your own work you have to have the necessary tools, be of a mind set to tackle those kind of jobs and have at least a basic understanding or the component you desire to work on. Take care of your spouse, enjoy him and the coach and hire the other stuff done.
The older I get, the better I used to be.
1997 Prevost by Country Coach
470 HP Series 60 Detroit / 6 SP. Allison
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
Same Co-Pilot for 46 years
2 Boston Terriers, Scout & Mia

dad4papa2
Explorer
Explorer
Last week finished up installing a new radiator. Took for a test drive and it ran great. Stopped by my sisters while on test drive and oh my goodness the antifreeze is pouring out of my heater core. With luck brother in law had everything needed to block off heater core. Drove it home.

Today I removed the heater core(wow what a job) and tomorrow will start the hunt for a new core.

Funny thing I called Damon on friday and tech told me how it comes out and said oh yeah write this number down and just before you take a hammer and bust out the box make sure these folks have a new replacement for you.

However it comes out fairly easy if your double jointed and have 3 arms.

Gotta love it.

Dad
Living The Dream- Not full timing but wintering in Texas
Lifes So Short--Let's go Rv'ing :W

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
Drove it from the west end of Lake Norris, TN to the south side of Old Hickory Lake. Fishing commences again Tuesday morning.
Randy

TEO
Explorer
Explorer
My motorhome is going to CAT in a few days to have some work done. This morning I removed the mattress and unbolted the access panels to the engine. I figure that it will save about an hours labor having them removed and replaced by the CAT mechanic. Also, while the panels are loose, I'll lube the fan bearing.

Paul

Paul & Helen

2002 Winnebago Journey DL:)
1999 Jeep Cherokee toad :C
Yellow Lab, Jodie, Chocolate Lab, Coco :B, and Lab/Golden mix, Sandy.:B
FMCA 98905
http://ptempesta.blogspot.com

Snowfether
Explorer
Explorer
I'm getting older and lazier and after reading everything you guys are doing on your MH's, wondering if there should be one in my future!

Don't know a thing about Auto-Park indicators, air leaks, roof caulking (or ANY kind of caulking for that matter!), replacing seals, fixing broken stuff or lubing and oiling anything.

I can cook, I can drive, I can read a map, use a cell phone and computer, and take care of a mildly disabled hubby....all the rest...can I learn it? Can I hire it fixed? Can I get help if something goes wrong?

I just want to buy it, enjoy it and deal with whatever comes my way. Is that a totally irresponsible way of looking at our dream?

Lacy
37' 1995 Newmar Kountry Aire
We named her "Lacy Lucy"..."Lucy" for short so as not to confuse with my name. "We (heart) Lucy"
She's been a member of our family since 10/31/09 and we love her to pieces!!

GBMcruisair
Explorer
Explorer
Added Auto-Park indicators with instructions from oldusedbear, changed radiator hoses and anti-freeze. Replaced outside electrical outlet, it would get water in it every time it rained and trip the ground fault breaker. Looked at a used 38ft Damon with just 7000 mi.,like new inside and out, maybe its time to trade ?
Kip & Judy
2000 Georgie Boy Pursuit, 2001 Cherokee toad
1951 Pontiac with 400cu GTO running gear
1964 Corvair Monza all original

StanleyandIris
Explorer
Explorer
Packed it with food and clothes! Checked the list, checked it twice and early thirty I am out of here!!!

Get your motor running.
Head out on the highway.
Looking for adventure.
And whatever comes our way.

BORN TO BE WILD!!!!!!

Ok maybe it's born to be MILD at this age, but here we go!

See ya'll later,

Iris and Stanley

BeerNutz
Explorer
Explorer
Drank a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon while I changed oil, filter and lubed chassis.
07' Coachmen Mirada 300QB F53 V10 Class A
09' Coachmen Spirit of America SE 17QB TT
BE AMERICAN... BUY AMERICAN

roya51
Explorer
Explorer
Made sure all the vents were closed due a thunder storm.Started it up and drove it to keep the tires rotated.
1998 Winnebago Brave

Pass42
Explorer
Explorer
Today was the day to deal wth the slow air leak on the inner rear dually....my automotive repair shop said they could handle it... i did have to teach them about Budd style wheels, outer lug nut & inner cap nut.... then we found 7 nails in the tire...5 in a row....collated nails, with some of the wire still holdng them together...only 4 were actually causing air loss....
my tire no longer leaks.............

AND...bought oil, Oil Filter, Coolant, oil for genset to do all the fluid changes....

1988 Xplorer 440, 36' DP, 90k miles
2017 Montana High Country 375FL
2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty, Cummins 6.7, factory tow package, factory snow plow prep package

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
Washed and waxed using NuFinish, caulked some roof seams using Dicor, added water to the 4 house batteries. This activity took me 3 days.

Tried to troubleshoot the loss of 1 of 2 120VAC outputs from my Xantrex Freedom 458 Inverter but Xantrex denied my request for a circuit diagram.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
My buddy who owns a body shop rubbed out some scratches that were left in the coach from the previous owner. They were up pretty high, thinking they were from a tree. All went well, scratches all gone and just a few touch-ups here and there from some kicked up stones.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

KarenInTheWoods
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:

Very nicely done Karen!!!

Thanks.. it was quite a project! But sure feels good to step in there now on a firm floor...

We are camping right now
--in the rig
--in the woods
--in peace and quiet
--ahhhhhhhhh
Karen and Steveio
Safari Serengeti 38 ft DP
Tracker 4x4 Toad
(My RV Blog RVing: Small House - BIG Backyard
(Camping/Family Photos) http://picasaweb.google.com/pfundt/

revump
Explorer
Explorer
In the last week, replaced batteries and cleaned outside frig.
Bob