cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
melvonnar wrote:
Went down to repair place to see how things were going on the repair;
Setting same place it was a month ago; been there since Sept 14,
Each time I ask when it will be done I get the same answer----next friday.
They demanded the upfront money befor they would order parts, they been paid so now from my stand point they have no incentive to do the repair.
I talked to The manager and he said friday they would take it out whether it was finished or not; they have my money, looks to me like they would just as soon that I take the motorhome. I've called the insurance company and see if they can do anything for me. I will never take a motorhome to this place again.

Go to the Small Claims Court of your county and file for recovery of your deposits plus damages for the loss of use of your equipment.

Hjudge49
Explorer
Explorer
Turned on the fridge so we could use it for extra stuff over Thanksgiving, and got an error message with a "call" notice. Now I get to take it in to the shop to have the drain heater wire fixed. Bummer.

chastho
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished waxing it with Eagle one nano wax, it now shines like never before. I have used several different polishes and waxes but never got the results I wanted until now.

melvonnar
Explorer
Explorer
Went down to repair place to see how things were going on the repair;
Setting same place it was a month ago; been there since Sept 14,
Each time I ask when it will be done I get the same answer----next friday.
They demanded the upfront money befor they would order parts, they been paid so now from my stand point they have no incentive to do the repair.
I talked to The manager and he said friday they would take it out whether it was finished or not; they have my money, looks to me like they would just as soon that I take the motorhome. I've called the insurance company and see if they can do anything for me. I will never take a motorhome to this place again.

teaknme
Explorer
Explorer
tried to unplug the toilet and its not moving!:M
93 Four Winds XL

goff1256
Explorer
Explorer
Just parked it at Laughlin AFB .
Erick & Jackie Goff; Plus Ellie Mae the Fu Fu Dog

CaFlyFisher
Explorer
Explorer
Still doing the same old stuff, just a different day.
Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 43'
Saturn Vue
Blue-Ox
Visited ALL 50 states in the U.S.of A.

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
I locked the door before putting the boat into Table Rock Lake at sunup. Oh wait, I unlocked the door at 11:00 when I got back from fishing.
Randy

malibufam
Explorer
Explorer
We drove down to lajola to the parents for T-day and the detailers who do the parents Marathon coach are doing our Beaver before we head noth for my Birthday. Great week off work.
2005 Beaver Patriot, Cat C9, Triple slide with Tag
2005 GMC Duramax "Dingy"

melvonnar
Explorer
Explorer
Went down to the repair place to look at my motorhome; they keep saying next friday I can pick it up. Of course they don't say witch next friday.
Its now been 7 and 1/2 weeks. I believe thats two an 1/2 months. O ME O MY.
I hope others have better luck getting their motorhomes repaired than I do.
This is the third place that have had my motorhome since June.
First place had it a month and did nothing, so I took it out.
Second place had it 6 weeks and did nothing, so I took it out.
This is the third place I've had the motorhome; there is no other place close that works on motorhomes, so I'm stuck.
Looking at the bright side; it is parked in a large building, so I guess I'm getting free covered storage.

Birddogman
Explorer
Explorer
Rented a site at a small nearby campground for a year.

Kinda strange move for us since we are not โ€œcampersโ€ at all. We use our MH as a little home away from home when we have travelled somewhere to engage in an activity at that place - often upland bird hunting in remote areas of the west.

Campgrounds have never appealed to us โ€“ donโ€™t like crowds, busybodies, rules, etc. Besides, we live way back in the woods, where I can run the dogs, hunt, shoot, ride, etc, right out my front door without ever leaving my own land; or just enjoy the peace and quiet and watch the wildlife.

BUT, we enjoy our newest (and hopefully last) Class A so much that the two months or so per year that we can travel in it until I retire in another year or two arenโ€™t enough. We figured that by parking at a campground open all year only about 10 minutes from our house, we might get more use out of it for weekends and such. It will also stay set up and be quicker to ready for trips.

I guess weโ€™ll see if this is a good thing. The site was surprisingly inexpensive, so there wasnโ€™t much to lose.
2008 Winnebago Journey 39z DP
2004 Jeep Liberty toad

sootslayer
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing today except tighten the straps on the full cover. Sunday we cleaned inside and out from top to bottom, winterized the veins, top off the diesel fuel, plugged her into the 50amp connection at home, covered the rig and said see ya the last week in March. Oh, checked the batteries and topped off just a little.

Hank

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Busy week for the old MH.
  • Washed and conditioned the rubber roof
  • washed and waxed the sides
  • installed a 110 outlet up on the dash for this years Christmas tree
  • front tube tv died, best I could do with limited tools was replace it with another one of that same size/vintage. After going to a bunch of places got one at a Goodwill for $10. Surprisingly nice picture. Almost as nice as the flat screen in the back.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

P3TC
Explorer
Explorer
had the sofa re-upholtered and the 4 dining room chairs.
$128 for material \$500 for labor.
Looks and sits great!
:)1998 Monaco Diplomat

goff1256
Explorer
Explorer
Looding up to go, FL. here we come. We are going to leave on the 18th . 12 degres in Montrose this morning.
Erick & Jackie Goff; Plus Ellie Mae the Fu Fu Dog