cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

roads_to_travel
Explorer
Explorer
Washed and rehung privacy curtains. Made new kitchen curtain got rid of the ugly green with daisy. Keeping fingers crossed we might get to finally go on our trip to wyo.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Let her sit around the RV Park for a 2 day rest. Tomorrow north bound on Highway 37A and 37 (the Alaska-Yukon Hwy) Going to where ever. Week 2 of our 300 day round North America only has a couple of days left!

The_Beave
Explorer
Explorer
Greased the front end and steering links. Also started to clean the fabric ceiling from a water leak around the front roof air. Bought 30 quarts of Rotella for the engine and am looking for the local Cat dealer to pick up an engine filter. Tomorrow I need to pick up 19 quarts of Transcend fluid and filters for the Allison. I also need to find a 3/8" inch lb torque wrench for the tranny filters.
The Beave
30' 1997 Beaver Monterey
(The shortest DP we could find)
2005 Honda CR-V
Remco surge brake

wolfman01
Explorer
Explorer
swimmster wrote:
used up a half a roll of GorilLa Tape to secure the 2 new(used) MAXXAIR vent covers on the roof cause of high winds and rain coming.. have not had a chance to permanently mount them yet.. also had to cover up 16 feet of awning mounting strip holes because some KNOB, instead of replacing the old steel self tapper screws that were ROTTED away, they simply GLUED the strip back on.. yesterday while reinstalling my repaired return spring assembly, i hear this pealing sound.. just in time to watch the last 3 ft peel off the RV and send the awning crashing down.. I pulled the legs off and just flipped the retract lever.. watched it flop on the ground while rolling itself back up and shoved it under the RV.. If it ain't one thing......................................

I feel your pain. I can get quite irritated over some of the ridiculous fixes that some people do.
2011 Hyundai Accent SE (8k)
1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 31' ga$$er motorhome (42k)
Bear, my four legged, furry companion.
RVing is an obsession more expensive than drugs. :E

swimmster
Explorer
Explorer
used up a half a roll of GorilLa Tape to secure the 2 new(used) MAXXAIR vent covers on the roof cause of high winds and rain coming.. have not had a chance to permanently mount them yet.. also had to cover up 16 feet of awning mounting strip holes because some KNOB, instead of replacing the old steel self tapper screws that were ROTTED away, they simply GLUED the strip back on.. yesterday while reinstalling my repaired return spring assembly, i hear this pealing sound.. just in time to watch the last 3 ft peel off the RV and send the awning crashing down.. I pulled the legs off and just flipped the retract lever.. watched it flop on the ground while rolling itself back up and shoved it under the RV.. If it ain't one thing......................................
88 Winnie Elandan 33ft. 35,000 miles. Undergoing restificatoin and MANY upgrades and updates. Hope to meet some of you in person out there on the roads!!

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Took our baby in to Damon factory service for first class wty service. If your Damon service (CW for us)is not getting it done Elkhart is the place to go. Did factory tour yesterday to see where our baby was born, great tour.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

wolfman01
Explorer
Explorer
Re-secured drooping cabinet above passenger seat. Not done to the RV, but mounted base plates on truck
2011 Hyundai Accent SE (8k)
1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 31' ga$$er motorhome (42k)
Bear, my four legged, furry companion.
RVing is an obsession more expensive than drugs. :E

BigSkyBob
Explorer
Explorer
Did annual maintenance on the Aqua-Hot consisting of a new filter and nozzle, remove and clean the combustion chamber, check electrode gap and test run. All is well. During this time I ran the generator with both AC's on for an hour.
2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 760 LRM GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.

decan9
Explorer
Explorer
Took off the right rear duals, pulled the axle, pulled off the hub, installed a new grease seal, put it all back together!!2 hours
Bonnie and me and Casey makes three!
Staying warm in Southern California
FMCA #402157
W9NCR

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Finished moving stuff from full-timing into the house. When the heat cools a bit, we'll start cleaning her up, and looking for those little things that will need maintenance before we go out again.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Jack_Kay
Explorer
Explorer
Checked the genset oil and ran it with A/C on for about a half hour. Vacuumed inside and cleaned all horizontal surfaces. Just got back from a four night week-end trip.
Jack & Kay
2015 Allegro 32CA
2014 Honda CR-V
FMCA #F341229

Chrisb370
Explorer
Explorer
Installed LED awning lights that stay attached to the awning roller.

http://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24069904.cfm
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Diesel Pusher 38'

Love_Boat_II
Explorer
Explorer
Team Horizon wrote:
Had the 10 year old couch and dining table removed (already had recliner and cabinet removed earlier) and had 3 EZBeds installed in their places. Ready to relax and sleep us plus a family of 3. Sage green - looks pretty on top of new Laminate flooring. Now if we weren't dying of heat in Florida, would go camping!

Removed the dinning room booth and built a bar in it's place
Brick wall at one end and steel railing at the other end.
2 nice swiveling bar stools with backs..
Laid wood flooring and tacked up carpiting on the wall behind the bar .
Tht bar well slide out 3 feet from the back wall. :R
E-Mail me if any one wants to see pictures of the Bar Area
tlove87@verizon.net
Captain T. Love (Ret.)
Retired Airline Pilot

CB Chanel 13

AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT
IF YOU DON'T BELONG HERE, GO HOME NOW

http://sagebrushpatriot.com/america.htm

Love_Boat_II
Explorer
Explorer
wolfman01 wrote:
john and terry wrote:
wolfman01 wrote:
Put a memory foam topper on the mattress.

Looked at one of those the other day but didn't pull the trigger on it. How do you like it? Worth the money?

Yes, they are less expensive, lighter than a full blown memory foam mattress, and a vast improvement over the regular lump in my coach. I do recommend double checking the measurements on your mattress. Mine is supposed to be a queen, but is hanging 6" off of the end of the bed.

Boy I have had a topper on my Motor Home Queen mattress for 3 years and would not leave home with out it..
Had a King size mattres with one attached on each side and was a blessing to sleep on... In stick house.
Such a great thing to have.... Best money I have spent in a long time.
Captain T. Love (Ret.)
Retired Airline Pilot

CB Chanel 13

AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT
IF YOU DON'T BELONG HERE, GO HOME NOW

http://sagebrushpatriot.com/america.htm

mainlandernow
Explorer
Explorer
finially fixed my refridgerator. dometic side by side NDA 1402. had all sorts of problems. no fans on the back cooling down the coils, fixed that. ice build up in the freezer, had to defrost it almost every two weeks. sealed every nook and cranny and working great. fixed that. very happy. DW sick of me opening it up every 10 minutes and reveling in the temp staying the same despite hot temps outside.

tinted all windows in the coach with 3M residential film. made a huge difference in the insulation of the coach. hardly noticable difference at night.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."

-Patrick Henry