cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
bigred1cav wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
Hi sctraveler,

Thanks. Do you remember the name of the company you purchased from?

xctraveler wrote:
pianotuna,

Here is one link to a source.

I just did search on "amorphous solar panel 68 watt"

I paid $500 with installation. I see Amazon price is $550 down from $877 which is close to the price I saw last April in Quartzite. Mine was bought at the Quartzite RV Show.

What do such power sources provide power to? I have a generator and no inverter I know of. What is and does an inverter do?

Typically you would use the solar panel to charge up your batteries during the day. Then the inverter takes 12v DC from the battery bank and turns it into 120v AC to run TV and other appliances.

If you always camp with electricity or don't mind using the generator then you don't 'need' an inverter. If you dry camp a lot and have to rely on your batteries the solar panels and inverter are needed. They're also nice for keeping your batteries charged while the MH is stored and no electrical hookup.

woodfoot
Explorer
Explorer
checked to see if the frozen gallon jug on the galley table had started to thaw yet! we're in northern Arkansas.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi sctraveler,

xctraveler wrote:
pianotuna,

I paid $500 with installation. I see Amazon price is $550 down from $877 which is close to the price I saw last April in Quartzite. Mine was bought at the Quartzite RV Show.

What do such power sources provide power to? I have a generator and no inverter I know of. What is and does an inverter do?

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
Decided to tidy up my lockers ...where did all that stuff come from?
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

baker_barnes
Explorer
Explorer
2004 Winnebago taken to the shop to have a new video control box installed to replace the Winegard box that is dead (no Winnebago or Winegard replacement part available).
The B's - Charlie & Nancy
Disabled Vietnam Veteran-Army
Retired
2003 Subaru Baja w/Brake Buddy
1965 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
Cricket ESV
Mighty Hauler/Jazzy
Winegard Little Trav'ler SK3005
Service Dog (rescued Kelpie)"Tommie Sue"
FMCA: F371211

wolfman01
Explorer
Explorer
Completed a very long road trip to Williston, ND., including having to have the coach towed to a truck repair facility to replace the starter which picked a day well below zero to die.
2011 Hyundai Accent SE (8k)
1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 31' ga$$er motorhome (42k)
Bear, my four legged, furry companion.
RVing is an obsession more expensive than drugs. :E

proline
Explorer
Explorer
well i got new tires for my georgetown 235x80x22.5 getting it redy for the summer nice web site here

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi sctraveler,

xctraveler wrote:
pianotuna,

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna,

Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

baker_barnes
Explorer
Explorer
Turned on the new Winegard Little Trav'ler SK3005 we just had mounted on the roof of our 2004 Winnebago Adventurer...just to see it work by pressing ONE button! It is amazing - after all these years putting up the dish satellite on a stand outside!
The B's - Charlie & Nancy
Disabled Vietnam Veteran-Army
Retired
2003 Subaru Baja w/Brake Buddy
1965 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
Cricket ESV
Mighty Hauler/Jazzy
Winegard Little Trav'ler SK3005
Service Dog (rescued Kelpie)"Tommie Sue"
FMCA: F371211

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi xctraveler,

Amorphous panels? Stick on like liner paper? Could you provide a link for that? Thanks in advance.

xctraveler wrote:
Added one of those amorphous cell solar panels to the array. Wow. It goes on like liner paper and just sticks there. Better than doubled my solar input, especially early AM when sun angle is still very low.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

livingaboard
Explorer
Explorer
slept in my rv for a few nights after the wife and I got in a fight. I really enjoy having the rv for those occasions.
Dave
Everett, WA
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, F53 Triton V-10
Firestone air bags with Quad control air gauge
Pressure Pro tire pressure monitor
Banks Exhaust
SuperSteer rear trac bar
Olympian Wave heaters (Wall mount and portable)

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Added one of those amorphous cell solar panels to the array. Wow. It goes on like liner paper and just sticks there. Better than doubled my solar input, especially early AM when sun angle is still very low. Then spent 9 days dry camped at Senator Wash South Shore. New record for us between dumping the holding tanks, never went to the dump until we were ready to roll out.

During our stay we only ran the generator to use the convection/microwave and to burn the toast in the toaster in the morning. All the rest of our electricity came from the solar panels. Of course we are very conservative users and watch no TV which makes a difference. Also replaced all main lights with LEDs.

Now camping with water and electricity (15 amp service) and still no dump.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

gloriebkj
Explorer
Explorer
Searched ours for the George Forman grill. Didn't find it--where DID I put that thing?
gloriebkj

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
Painted a few chassis rails with black rust proof paint.
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.