cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

SKIPCAROL
Explorer
Explorer
Checked all my batteries today. All OK. Just 3 weeks till we start that 2 month RV trip to the Northeast.
Carol, Skip & Buddy the Mutt

2005 Four Winds Hurricane 32R
2008 Chevy HHR Toad

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Reinstalled the batteries that I have been working on for over a week. Desulfated all four batteries, 2 needed badly needed it and responded to treatment, though each still had a low cell which responded to the Xantrex equalization mode. Having to keep at least one battery in the rig made for a lot of shuffling around.

Made two new 2/0 cables so the batteries could be wired properly (ie pos in/out to battery 1 and neg in/out to battery four. Now I need a new sliding battery tray so I can go to 6Vs in stead of the group 24s.

Last month I did the two Chassis batteries, so we should be able to start the rig next month when we begin our homeward journey!

Now, I wonder how the tire pressure has been holding up? :h

edited for typo!

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Installed an outlet under the bed to plug electric blanket/mattress pad and clock radio into. We have other outlets but this will keep the cords out of the way and out of site.

Azsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Painted the cabinets in the bath. They were light oak, which is throughout the entire rig and for which I am not fond. Good primer (Kilz) and the paint glided on like glass on both the solid wood and vinyl covered pressed wood. They look great, even with the old hardware! Now I'm staring at all the wood in the rig and pondering return on investment.....looks like a huge job....contemplating if it would be worth it.
2001 Rexhall Aerbus 3550 gasser
1983 Jeep CJ7 (Restored) Toad

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the other two rear sway bar bushings. Now we need to start packing for our trip to FL next weekend.

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
Painted the exterior mirrors with a fresh coat of black paint.
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

WV_Hillbilly_1
Explorer
Explorer
mdanielson55 wrote:
I DID AN OIL CHANGE AND CHANGED AIR FILTER. THE BEST THING WAS TO PUT MY AMERICAN FLAG GRAPHIC WHICH IS 5X7FT. ON THE REAR WITH LOVE IT, SPEAK THE LANGUAGE, OR GET THE HELL OUT IN 3IN LETTERS. GOD AND COUNTRY . JUST LOVE THEM

mdanielson55,

Where did you find a 5 x 7 american flag graphic....

Thanks, WV Hillbilly
Bob, Linda & Patches, Poncho & Peanut
2003 Damon Daybreak (Expensive dog kennel)
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited (Toad)
1996 Chevy S-10 4 X 4 (Alternate Toad)

Global warming is caused by the "SUN"!

mdanielson55
Explorer
Explorer
I DID AN OIL CHANGE AND CHANGED AIR FILTER. THE BEST THING WAS TO PUT MY AMERICAN FLAG GRAPHIC WHICH IS 5X7FT. ON THE REAR WITH LOVE IT, SPEAK THE LANGUAGE, OR GET THE HELL OUT IN 3IN LETTERS. GOD AND COUNTRY . JUST LOVE THEM

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
Removed and cleaned the wheel and tyre covers ready for my moving south on monday.
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Chipped the ice from around the door to the motor home garage. Now ready for the return to winter and snow.

vmckague
Explorer
Explorer
My wife told me for my birthday I could buy my own present as long as I didn't get carried away. Being the true RV'er that I am I bought new holding tank dump valves. Just finished replacing them! The old ones were getting very hard to open and I didn't want to take the chance and have one break when I was pulling on the handle to open it. I know there are some ways to lube them but it was my birthday and I splurged. I'm going to try and get the old ones cleaned up and working right and save them for spares.

zmotorsports
Explorer
Explorer
Took ours yesterday afternoon to get the emission checked and pay taxes/licensing for another year.

I fabricated a base plate to mount the passenger side front sun visor which fell down on our last trip of 2010. I hung it back up after our trip but didn't get the warm and fuzzies that it was very secure. I was right, after wiggling it a little last night it dropped again. Luckily I had a hold of it so it didn't fall on the dash.

I fabricated a mounting base plate out of 1" x .125" strip and spot welding a couple of 10-32 nuts on the backside. Countersunk the screws which will hold the strip to the ceiling and then the windshield visor will attach to the mounting strip via the 10-32 screws. Should be much more secure. I bead blasted and painted it semi-gloss black so it will blend in with the visor and not stand out, I will install it tonight.

As far as the ride with the new Koni FSD shocks, all I can say is that I am impressed with the difference they made. I could tell a difference before we even hit the interstate. Mike.
2003 Monaco Dynasty/ 26' Haulmark Edge trailer
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon

SKIPCAROL
Explorer
Explorer
Repaired a break in my XM Radio antenna wire. Can live without TV but not my XM. You can get radio, no commercials, anywhere. Sounds good now! Then painted my hitch.
Carol, Skip & Buddy the Mutt

2005 Four Winds Hurricane 32R
2008 Chevy HHR Toad

vmckague
Explorer
Explorer
Added new sound proofing on the dog house. The old stuff was falling apart. Didn't seem to help the noise but maybe it will cut down on the heat.

daverich
Explorer
Explorer
We had the windows tinted.