cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
When we were rolling up the patio awning yesterday the loop on the end of the strap broke/ripped off. Ugh! Have sent off an e-mail to Carefree to see if we can get a replacement strap.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
mcal63775 wrote:
Scratched my head and cussed alot.Couple of weeks ago I replaced a GFI socket the kept tripping. Installed the new GFI socket,to which there are 5 regular sockets following the GFI, in that circuit. The only thing plugged in that circuit is the TV. Its in the last plug. All worked well. TV was on and I plugged in a fan to see if the GFi trips. Left all that on for about an hour. Great! I fixed it. :B Went camping this weekend and the GFI tripped.:M NOW WHAT.. only thing plugged in is the tv...and its not even on. Hit the reset...and GFI trips again within a minute. Reset the GFI several times and no luck.
Now we are home...and guess what is working without issues?? Yup..you guessed the GFI socket?? You win a prize. What is different at home VS the camp ground? I am going to go thru the process of elimination...or turning things on..one at a time. When we set up at camp and the GFI trips, the AC is running, the fridge is on, water heater is on, slide out is out, levelers are down, awning is out and most important...beer in hand.
At home, when the damned thing works like it should, I have everything shut down and stowed away..except my beverage. I can eliminate the beer as the problem.:W I'll get back to ya on what I find!

You need to get a tester that will test for crossed wires and bad grounds. Mine is for a 20 amp outlet but with an adapter works on a 30 amp outlet. It's yellow with 3 lights that can tell whether there is a short or wires are crossed.

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
mcal63775 wrote:
Scratched my head and cussed alot.Couple of weeks ago I replaced a GFI socket the kept tripping. Installed the new GFI socket,to which there are 5 regular sockets following the GFI, in that circuit. The only thing plugged in that circuit is the TV. Its in the last plug. All worked well. TV was on and I plugged in a fan to see if the GFi trips. Left all that on for about an hour. Great! I fixed it. :B Went camping this weekend and the GFI tripped.:M NOW WHAT.. only thing plugged in is the tv...and its not even on. Hit the reset...and GFI trips again within a minute. Reset the GFI several times and no luck.
Now we are home...and guess what is working without issues?? Yup..you guessed the GFI socket?? You win a prize. What is different at home VS the camp ground? I am going to go thru the process of elimination...or turning things on..one at a time. When we set up at camp and the GFI trips, the AC is running, the fridge is on, water heater is on, slide out is out, levelers are down, awning is out and most important...beer in hand.
At home, when the damned thing works like it should, I have everything shut down and stowed away..except my beverage. I can eliminate the beer as the problem.:W I'll get back to ya on what I find!

The only thing I can think of is the campground may not have had a proper ground and your house does..... :h
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
I visited it, in Freightliner jail, been in there for 2 weeks waiting for someone to look at it!

mcal63775
Explorer
Explorer

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Been busy all week but yesterday I started off by removing the caulk from the DOT lights on the front of the rig and from around the Fantastic Fan and recaulked them. There was a leak above the dash on the navigators side that dropped water right whereshe keeps papers. I think I found it, when I removed the caulk around one of the lights it was wet underneath. I haven't washed the rig or had rain since first week in July up in PNW. The caulk around the FF was silicone and the only place that it was adheared was to the aluminum roof. Then I put the rig on the leveling blocks and got down and removed the motor for the steps. All indications are that it is bad. When
I got the mounting bolts off, the motor wouldn't come out of the gear assembly. The motor had turned so far before it stopped that it was jammed. I sure hope that it is not the current sencing circuit in the controller.

Today it is start on really cleaning the rear cap and applying Red Max Pro. Tried it on a scrap of the material from the step treads and what a difference. RW said no to using it on the steps inside the rig but maybe she'll change her mind when she sees how good it looks.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the new heat pump/air conditioner thermostat for the air conditioner. It can get pretty warm in a tin box without a/c. Had great service from Makarios RV.com. Two day delivery. The dog is smiling again!

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Bummer,we couldn't get in there two weeks ago... Great place...
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

revump
Explorer
Explorer
Spending the week just relaxing at Wenatchee River County Park
Bob

cvbdsl
Explorer
Explorer
Finally finished installing and securing a 32" LED TV replacing the old 19" Panasonic in the front.
Took some doing as we wanted to be able to swing it forward and to the right for watching. The TV mount allows this, but I needed to figure out how to secure it in place while travelling.

Still have the rear TV to do, but won't get done as we are leaving for three weeks tomorrow.

Chris
2008 Holiday Rambler Scepter 42 PDQ
2018 Ford Edge SEL- Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar/Blue Ox Base plate/Patriot Brake System
Retired Canadian Army WO (1971-2000)

ReneG
Explorer
Explorer
Today I finally finished replacing all my v-belts after loosing alt. bearing and subsequent belt last weekend. Spent pretty much all week farting around with assortment of belts as I decided to replace all. My mistake,couldn't see how they were routed originally and could not come up with a proper diagram. Add to that the fact that top air pump and bracket were too offset to install belt properly. Final decision ELIMINATE top A.I.R. pump. Now just need to get proper length belt for A/C. It'll take a week for bruises on my ribcage to disappear LOL; I've earned my rum and coke cheers.
1987 Revcon Prince 31

Rene and Marie +
Desi,Mikki,Tia, our Min Pin kids

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Revcon_Curious3/photos/album/897285248/pic/194787599/view

decan9
Explorer
Explorer
Emptied the 4th mouse from my Rat-Zapper
Bonnie and me and Casey makes three!
Staying warm in Southern California
FMCA #402157
W9NCR

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
My new fantastic fan covers arrived yesterday,gotta love their customer service, and so got them on this AM after the dawgs 1 1/2 hour walk and then spent the PM unhooking the lines and removing the water hook-up panel as it was quite rusted so I'm replacing it with a sheet of .260mm plexiglass and that stuff ain't cheap.Got it cut to size the first time and then started cutting the holes and that's a lot of time as the plexiglass pieces were melting to the hole saw and you have to wait till they cool so you can drive it out...I did redo most of the fittings with teflon tape and discovered where the water that was causing most of the rust,previous owner spent the winters in Texas and Az,was coming from.When they put it together,it must have been late Friday PM at the factory as several of the fittings were cross-threaded and had small occasional leaks.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We got back from a three week trip July 9, DD borrowed the next day for a week for CP for Girl Scouts, then to the repair shop to solve the engine missing and no power, got it back late on the 20th. Been working on all those little catch up things, loose screws, spots on the carpet, pulling all the linen and towels, shopping for the stuff to apply the Red Max Pro, trying to find out what is causing the Kwikee steps to get stuck in the retracted position and have eliminated the controller, switches, motor and have zerowed in on the linkage that connects the motor to the steps, found out that four of my DOT clearance lights don't work, found out the storage bay lights don't work and restcked the plastic silverware drawer and really cleaned the stove and then the Thetfort toilet. You know just to fill in between the Honey Do's.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

PyrateSilly
Explorer
Explorer
Sorta fixed the battery tray. Was able to actually open it and close it correctly so that we could take the string off that someone had put on it to tie it to the frame of the MH instead. Also clean and rearranged the batteries, don't think it had been done since they were put in the coach about 2 yrs ago when they were new.
Reattached the back part of the MH back to where it should be now that the battery tray is fixed.
Took real pictures to put up on FB for family and friends.
Abigail and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV.