cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Adjusted all spring /plunger latchs. Some plungers hitting rollers off center and some roller housings had been pushed back. Adjust all so plunger hit center of rollers and all doors with about 1/8 inch space, ie. door didn't touch frame on closing. Much quieter now.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

pianotuna
Nomad III
Nomad III
Hi,

I hope you wired them in a balanced manner as in #3 or #4 in the link below:

balanced wiring

anemic wrote:
I now have a 4th group 29 battery installed. the other three were only a couple weeks old so no problem with this one newer than the others. I also redid my cables so they are all the same length for optimized diagonaling purposes.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

anemic
Explorer
Explorer
I now have a 4th group 29 battery installed. the other three were only a couple weeks old so no problem with this one newer than the others. I also redid my cables so they are all the same length for optimized diagonaling purposes.
Noob, 1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 28' since May 2011

anemic
Explorer
Explorer
The generator with it's new carburetor runs extremely smoothly! It's almost like it's on somebody else's neighboring RV...almost. Glad about that. Curiously it also seems to output more voltage than I recall seeing. That may be due to the surprise warm temps, but I doubt it.

I did the RedMaxPro trick. Huge job in one session (BarKeepersFriend + TSP prep and 3 coats of RMP). I didn't want to draw it out due to onset of winter weather. I hope it becomes easier to wash.

Lar_s
Explorer
Explorer
First long trip in winter so we're out of Mich., missing snow, and clear roads til rain last night winding our way in to Branson. Here for a few days cuz expecting bad weather and don't want to take on these roads in icy conditions. Having a blast though. Headed further south then west.
Lar

2015 Dynamax Trilogy
36 RL
Ram 3500 Dually

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
More repairs, minimal mods. Bedroom Slideout motor failed, had mobile tech (H & H Truck Service Fort Stockton TX) retract slide and drove to Las Cruces had Sunland RV order new motor and install. Also had them install new Trojan T105s as old ones were failing after almost 8 years - can't complain although I am less than thrilled with the price I paid and the way they did the install. They routed the cables so I will need to remove them in order to check water level.

Replaced more lights with LEDS. Waiting for some switches from Fleetwood to replace worn switches.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

charles
Explorer
Explorer
Put my Blue Ox on after cleaning and greasing, checked the locks, hooked up the wiring and tested the toad lights and Brake Buddy, all is well and plan on leaving for Fla. middle of next week depending on weather up here.

Nick
2011 Winnebago Vista 35F
2019 Thor Chateau 22B

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Installed Guide Lights to light up the rear corners when backing into camp sites.

Cut Double Sided Radiant Barrier to fit all the windows and ceiling vents. Hope to cut down on the cooling and heating loads.

Replace the kitchen Faucet. OEM was starting leak from the handle and generally looking tired.

Installed Tank Flushers in both the black and gray tanks. Used my old city water inlet fitting for easy flushing.

Mounted my Christmas ScanGuage II to the dash.

Made reservations for Memorial Day and July 4th holidays.

Next up is a drip edge to solve the black streaking and replace the caulking the windows, shower enclosure, and roof seams once it warms up.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Ault
Explorer
Explorer
Put stuff up to leave tomorrow from Umitilla Fl to Tampa for the RV Supershow.

PyrateSilly
Explorer
Explorer
We were going to replace 2 outlets in the bedroom where we plug in the heated mattress pad.
Also look the stove over to find out why the propane was not getting to it. We know the propane gets to the fridge just fine with no leaks anywhere. Thom thinks it might be when the previous owners had the suburban heater taken out to see about fixing that they shut part of the propane off and that maybe the stove was taken out of the line at that point.

But a friend of ours is working about an hour away so we spent the weekend with him. We did show the MH off to him and he loves the layout and the way it looks. As he put it "I have seen lots of MH's / RV's and yours actually has room even with no slides. The bathroom is also bigger than most apartments. The kitchen is huge" We are talking about seeing if he can get more than a day off so that we take him off to Vegas for a few days.
Abigail and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV.

anemic
Explorer
Explorer
+Spent Friday - Sunday RVing up north, had fun
+Most systems worked great
-Generator has been a problem since I got it. I've fixed one thing after another. It seriously let us down this weekend.
+Cummins Bridgeway GR who I like is running a new metal fuel line from the tank as the 1996 line is not doing the job (clogged or rusty / perforated etc) and they have determined that the old carb has had it so I get a new one.
-More money spent

I should be to a reliable state by now with it.

Freightguy
Explorer
Explorer
Filled the fridge full of beer!
2009 American Tradition 42P
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimted

racer99
Explorer
Explorer
55 more days before we head south to Florida for our 63 days of adventure-Mh-1991 bounder-toad-Ford ranger with two ATV's and bikes-All should go well if we don't get screwed up with snow--Rich
pauperspride.blogspot.com

charles
Explorer
Explorer
I put everything in plastic tubs before storing in the outside compartments. I haven't driven my MH anywhere in the rain and don't know if there are any leaks down there. We're leaving for 10 weeks soon and I don't want to have a bunch of wet stuff when we get to Florida.

Nick
2011 Winnebago Vista 35F
2019 Thor Chateau 22B

Bravo25
Explorer
Explorer
The best thing I could do for giddyup was to take her Camping this week, We want to start the new year off right she hasn't been out of the driveway for over six months, except to drive her about 30 miles once a month.
Bravo25