cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

Super_Guy_78
Explorer
Explorer
Scott and Jill:
I do run the genset travling and It is plug in to house power at home, We still have the back bedroom with queen size bed. There is only the two of us most time and if our two grand kids come with us we use a blow up, they like that, but 99% of the time just wife and me. If you will give me your e-mail I will send some pictures. It really came out good.

SpurHntr
Explorer
Explorer
not today, but sunday after a 6 hour ride back from Lake George i took a sample of my transynd transmission fluid using the JG kit and pump i purchased a while back, and yesterday mailed it out. looking forward to seeing the results/report.
'08 Newmar Kountry Star 3916, 400ISL Cummins
'17 F250 Diesel Platty SRW Crew 6.75' bed
'17 JKU Rubicon Recon, LoD flat towable Destroyer bumper.
Blue Ox, BB, PP TPMS, Ranger EV

Scott___Jill
Explorer
Explorer
Super Guy 78 wrote:
Will , I have 37 foot 98 Newmar Mountain Aire, I decided to remove the pull out bed and make the whole area living. Removed day bed, move the dining table to the front of slide and was able to put in the extra leaf by turing the table, make more table for two to set at. Remove the chair next to the door and replace with a table, move chair into the slide and then when to lazy boy and bought another rocker and a small oak table between the two chair, give us more room and it is not a bedroom/living, all living. Steam clean carpet, new TV, with the new Jack Ant. new electric Ref. no more gas Ref. new 8KW genset and installed the Bank on my 5.9 Diesel engine and fixed the KDP, new tires and put Red Max #3 on out side,(6 coats). Now will save up some money so we can use it,!!!!!!!!

Do you still have a place to sleep and how do you keep the frig cold while you are driving run the generator all the time? Just asking I would like to see some photos on your setup sounds interesting.
1999 Pace Arrow 37s
F53 Triton V10 8 to 9 mpg 6 to 7 with toad

2005 Mazda 3 2.5 26 mpg

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from spending sixteen cool days up in the mountains at Pine Cove, Calif. I had a slight problem with my chassis batteries and had to use the jump switch to start the coach with the house batteries. So today I went and purchased two 31 MHD Commercial batteries from Napa and installed them on the coach. Only took me about fifteen minutes to install the new batteries. The Interstate workaholic that it had lasted six years. So I guess that is not too bad for a chassis battery. Hope these other batteries from Napa last just as long.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Super_Guy_78
Explorer
Explorer
Will , I have 37 foot 98 Newmar Mountain Aire, I decided to remove the pull out bed and make the whole area living. Removed day bed, move the dining table to the front of slide and was able to put in the extra leaf by turing the table, make more table for two to set at. Remove the chair next to the door and replace with a table, move chair into the slide and then when to lazy boy and bought another rocker and a small oak table between the two chair, give us more room and it is not a bedroom/living, all living. Steam clean carpet, new TV, with the new Jack Ant. new electric Ref. no more gas Ref. new 8KW genset and installed the Bank on my 5.9 Diesel engine and fixed the KDP, new tires and put Red Max #3 on out side,(6 coats). Now will save up some money so we can use it,!!!!!!!!

kcstepp1992
Explorer
Explorer
The Beave wrote:
After finishing the rebuild of my battery tray and re installing the batteries I found there was a dead cell in one of the 5 year old Trojan T105 house batteries.

By the way, I used a large 1/2" thick polyethylene cutting tray from Sams club for the bottom of the battery tray.

Today I purchased 4 Interstate GC2 UTL's from Costco for $79+ and loaded them in the battery tray. Tomorrow AM while it's cool I'll hook up the cables. Hopefully this long battery process is over!

Any Photos? I may have to do this and am interested in how you put the cutting tray in there. Sounds like a great idea.

I painted bathroom wall and put up trim in bathroom.

I also put up reflectix in the front windows.

georgetown_stan
Explorer
Explorer
I spent the day waxing it as I do that twice a year . This way when I go to our South Carolina spot I dont worry about salt air I love looking at this 35ft monster and still piddleing aroud changeing this and fixing that.

The_Beave
Explorer
Explorer
After finishing the rebuild of my battery tray and re installing the batteries I found there was a dead cell in one of the 5 year old Trojan T105 house batteries.

By the way, I used a large 1/2" thick polyethylene cutting tray from Sams club for the bottom of the battery tray.

Today I purchased 4 Interstate GC2 UTL's from Costco for $79+ and loaded them in the battery tray. Tomorrow AM while it's cool I'll hook up the cables. Hopefully this long battery process is over!
The Beave
30' 1997 Beaver Monterey
(The shortest DP we could find)
2005 Honda CR-V
Remco surge brake

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the cook-top and started modifying the cabinet so I can install a real Stove/Oven for the head cook.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the ScanGuage. (Easy) Programed the ScanGuage, not so easy, damned fine print, had to enlarge and reprint so I could tell the letters and numbers apart. Now reads Transmission Fluid Temp, and Cylinder Head Temps. Will see how it goes. I like the LOP and Average MPG up as they should help me tune my driving for better economy.

As for the Shower head mentioned in the previous post. I bought one and used it in the rig for one short trip last month. Liked it so much I took it out and put it on the shower at home. I'll buy a second one this weekend for the rig. It gives great pressure and seems to use less water as well as allowing for good temperature maintenance, it doesn't shut off all the way so you don't get eh cold or hot blast that other shower heads give.
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

toomoxy
Explorer
Explorer
Ramair wrote:
installed new oxygeniated shower head .

Do you find that the head does give more pressure than your old one ?
I have that burnised bronze look so hate to change it out for silver...but... I would like more pressure in the shower..
thanks in advance for review of the shower head.

SpurHntr
Explorer
Explorer
Sanitized the fresh water tank, hot water heater and all plumbing.
Popped in a new "hi flow" sediment/carbon water filter.
Cleaned out my faucets' little spray screens.
Put in a new hot water heater sacrificial anode bar.
Put the new registration in the Moho and sticker on the plate.
'08 Newmar Kountry Star 3916, 400ISL Cummins
'17 F250 Diesel Platty SRW Crew 6.75' bed
'17 JKU Rubicon Recon, LoD flat towable Destroyer bumper.
Blue Ox, BB, PP TPMS, Ranger EV

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Had the transmission flushed and everything checked out.

kcstepp1992
Explorer
Explorer
Put up trim....and dumped a lot of sweat in it.......freaking 100+ degree weather. Oh well id rather be warm