cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

marbilupton
Explorer
Explorer
Got it all washed and clean today. Hope to put four coats of Red Max Pro on it tomorrow.
Retired Navy, 39 Years
2005 Winnebago Voyage 35D
2006 Honda Crv
Blue OX Alexus Tow Bar
Brake Buddy

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the oil in the generator, began winterizing by flushing the tanks. Will complete the process tomorrow. Sad, we were supposed to go way this weekend, but Sandy trashed that so we are most likely done for the season. Next trip in about 5 months. Sadness.

Then again...
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

tyoungs
Explorer
Explorer
Put it in my buddy's barn for the winter - sad day!!!
Tom & Mary plus Lilli the Havanese
2017 Entegra Aspire 44B,
450 Cummins, Spartan K2
HRRVC #106803
2017 Buick Enclave toad:)
RV.NET Rallies attended - 6

jassrnj
Explorer
Explorer
Had the MH winterized ... the dealer broke the shower cold water knob. Now I have another item on my repair list.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Today after a three thousand mile trip I noticed that one of my Hella H1 low beams was out. So I went to Napa bought the bulb for five dollars, pulled the whole system out and replaced the burned light bulb. Took about fifteen minutes and saved myself a couple of hundred dollars of labor charge they wanted at an RV dealer. If you ever have to change a Hella H1 headlight bulb it is very easy and could save you lots of money.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
resealed the roof seams with Dicor and Eternabond.
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

The_Beave
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the step motor and ordered a new one from Autozone, $39. Removed the vinyl from the interior step treads and installed new carpet, removed the warped vinyl from the stair raisers and replaced with wood grain vinyl flooring that matches the interior wood color. Also rebuilt the bottom step tread that had become water logged. Clean and re-stain adjoining wood trim.
The Beave
30' 1997 Beaver Monterey
(The shortest DP we could find)
2005 Honda CR-V
Remco surge brake

roads_to_travel
Explorer
Explorer
Went and filled the tank. We like to keep it full over winter.

Hudsoner
Explorer
Explorer
Installed rear tiger track bar and made the "cheap ride control" fix in front and rear.

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Well,
For those of you that have certain model Winnes andItasca'ss of the '04 era, I finally found the "Trailer Plug Fuses" that I'd been looking for, for quite some time. They are inside the dash A/C louvered panel on the left rear of the coach. You have to raise the panel and prop it up, then you'll see the access to those fuses and, the Allision transmissioncontrolss.

Tactualall access to those fuses is still somewhat awkward even with the panel raise so, I removed all the boxes, removed the panel which, had several broken studs on it from trying to remove the nuts that held on each of the three boxes and, removed the broken studs and installed "Nutserts" in their place. I then painted the panel and re-installed it and re-arranged the three boxes so the fuses for the Trailer plug were placed at better access, should I ever need to get at them.
Scott

Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Boarhog
Explorer
Explorer
I gave it a good cleaning last week, including steam cleaning the interior. Yesterday I began restocking and reorganizing. I'll continue doing so today. I found a few minor repairs that are needed and placed them on my todo list.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday

recaulked one side of the shower which was pulling away from the wall.

revump
Explorer
Explorer
Moved a little closer to the SW ... we are at Silver Lake near Mt. St. Helens
Bob

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if this is the right place, but...

Arrived home in NJ from NC at 0230 Monday, lost power about 2100 Monday night. been using eh MH as a power and comfort station ever since. Not sure how much longer we'll be w/o power.

I should have refilled the water tank Monday and gone out to refill the gas tank as well, but who figured we'd be hit this hard. In 15 years in this house the longest we were without power was maybe 4 hours. We are now approaching 4 full days!

The moral of the story is, we as MH owners have the ability to survive so long as we take advantage of it. If bad weather is forecast, make sure the rig is FULL, you can always re-winterize. I am planning on adding a power tap so that I can plug into my home and power the well and the heat in the future. Even with that a full tank run at 1/2 load 1/2 the time should get me through nearly two weeks!

Hope the rest of you were as fortunate as we were, all we lost was a week and a few trees.
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

toomoxy
Explorer
Explorer
Sent my 2008 fourwinds windsport toy hauler into shop for:

new Air Conditioner Coleman Mach 3 P.S. 13,500 BTU Air Conditioner $700.00 + install

Have roof sealed (don't know when or if was ever done)
$150.00

Wash and waxing of unit
$350.00

Winterized