cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
Hard wired my block heater. After a week in the Nevada desert with night temps in the 20's I realized there is no switch for my block heater! So I ran a line from the heater line to the receptacle in my washer/dryer cabinet. No switch added, I'll just plug it in as needed. Tomorrow I'm adding a 110 outlet to my dash to set up a laptop to run my "to get" Silverleaf program. With all the rain here in the LA area I've decided to stay home and catch up on a few items that needed attention.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

polar76
Explorer
Explorer
Cut out all the supporting steel in my battery compartment, It had leaked battery acid and was eatened up with rust and corrosion.
I couldn't see it before bbecause it had been patched up and was hiding some real problems.

Gonna fix it right and hopefully only once.
May switch to AGM batteries... it has three 8Ds....

Wish me luck putting everything back... ๐Ÿ™‚

Wayne
1997 32' Country Coach Allure
2014 Jeep Sahara

:C

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
I turned the heat on and installed the Rear view camera system-7" monitor purchased from Ebay. My Christmas present! The install went smoothly, looks almost factory, and the picture on the 7" monitor is incredably clear. I had to go back out to the MH after dinner to see how well the IR worked and could see my cats prowling around looking for mice 30-40 ft behind the MH. It was a miserable day here but the only part I had to be exposed to the weather was drilling & attaching the camera to the back and for a few minutes running the wire along the frame rails. On a nicer day I'll cable tie the wire in as many places as needed.
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Had the windshield rubber reinstalled

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Called for an appointment to take the rig in to check out the generator after it wouldn't start the other day and they said to run it right over. Went up to get it ready and decided to check it again.. Well,guess what,it started right up and ran fine...Oh well..Sooo,didn't have to finesse it out of the backyard again.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

SKIPCAROL
Explorer
Explorer
Nuthin today... Dropped it off yesterday at TN RV Body Shop. Last weeks ice storm gave me a double whammy...our TOAD made it 25' up our driveway before sliding down...and slid into the RV! Car is in shop $4000 damage and now the RV. Good thing we have insurance (Geico) and all is well with it so far. And had to winterize since it'll be outside. First time since we've owned it as we use it year round.

Guess it could have been worse...some one else was in the shop who had their RV slide off the side of a mountain into some trees. We ended up with the plastic around the wheel well and a 6" crack in the fiberglass above it.:(
Carol, Skip & Buddy the Mutt

2005 Four Winds Hurricane 32R
2008 Chevy HHR Toad

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
:B:B They got her fixed. Now I am going to pick her up. And a little extra for the techs who did a great job.
Full timing it since July 2012

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Had to have the company that installed my windshield last year come back and reseat the seal.

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing, Its at the shop...Its broke.:( Darn, I was prepping for a trip next week and the exhaust decides to start leaking. I just found out one of the exh. manifold studs snapped. A real pita to get to. Well, its in good hands and I just got to cross my fingers.
Full timing it since July 2012

sootslayer
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty much nothing.. Was hoping to get the starter back in so I could go fill the tank and cover for the winter. But the mechanic has to go to the doctor today. So maybe tomorrow I can report it's up and running again. I hope. At least it broke down in the driveway afer an all day drive home, 600 miles. I guess lucky with that. I could have broken down in a truck stop someplace refueling on the way home. I seldom shut her down if less than a 30 minute stop. Started it at 4:30am and shut it down at 7:30pm. Two weeks later went out to start nothing.. It happens fast and without warning.

Oh I did go out and write down the miles and insurance info on the coach so I could renew the tags on the coach for $81.00. It's kinda a money pit, but it's my hobby for now..

Hank
Cold in Central PA
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2006 Jeep Wrangler

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
started to look into why cruise control stopped working
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Loading everything for our trip to Las Vegas for the holidays.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Vacumned the floors and just generally did some more cleaning after the Las Vegas trip.Now everything is done except for washing that trip off the outside.Waiting for the RV place here to call and let me know the parts for the new awning and slide toppers are in so that they can be installed before we head for a few days in Port Townsend between Christmas and New Years.We had a small problem with some 60+ mph winds at Furnace Creek in Death Valley.Got the slide toppers during the night and the next day,got the awning on the road to Vegas. Insurance is picking up the whole thing.
Also gotta see why the Generac won't start,ran fine before we left and then didn't want to start the other day.It's popping the BIG breaker and the battery boost isn't helping.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

SpursMVP
Explorer
Explorer
Added a basement TV and stereo for those time we are either tailgating at a football game or the Indy 500.

This lets me sit outside and enjoy the festivities on TV as well as enjoy a nice cigar.
2001 HR Endeavor
330 HP Cummins ISC
2006 Jeep Wrangler

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I drove it over to the Walmart that has the lowest price on diesel, then to Texas RV Supply to fill up with propane, then up to Boerne for BBQ dinner (all in the interest of excercising the MH). Next on the list is to diagnose the Splendide 2100 dryer not heating up. I'll make it easy on myself and call Splendide.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat