cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
bsimonds wrote:
Took it to the local scrap iron dealer who has a scale with lots of level parking lot on three sides and weighed each corner. ($8.00) Then consulted the Michelin inflation/load tables to get proper inflation for each axle.

What is weighing on four corners and how is it done? Where is it done, truck stops? Pilot?

roads_to_travel
Explorer
Explorer
We had real bad winds Tuesday night and lost power at 2am. Spent the day in the motorhome with generator and electric heater going and lights to read by. Had plans to spend the night but electric was restored around 5pm. Its sure nice to have a second home. Plus it gave the generator a good work out.

bsimonds
Explorer
Explorer
Took it to the local scrap iron dealer who has a scale with lots of level parking lot on three sides and weighed each corner. ($8.00) Then consulted the Michelin inflation/load tables to get proper inflation for each axle.
Bill Simonds
'99 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom
330HP "Yellow" motor
'94 K5 Blazer 4X4 toad

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Adjusted the auto brake shoes and cables. Thanks Roger (oldusedbear) for providing the info on the auto brake system. Also bleed the rear brakes, I replaced the front hoses and bleed the front over the weekend.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Washed, paste waxed and buffed the motorhome -- all 32 feet of it including the roof (though the roof didn't get power buffed)

Well I lie. :B I paid three men (more like 2 men and a teenager) from one of the local Auto Lavados (car wash) to come out and do it for me while I watched. Temps in the low 30's (C) 1000.00 pesos about $85.00 Canadian dollars.

They arrived at 8:30 AM and left at 1:30 PM

A good days work.

Now the rig is ready to deal with four months of dust from the parking lot.

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
Started loading up ready for winter trip.
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Added snap fastners to DW made curtians and installed for top half of driver and passenger side windows.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Visited it in storage and took inventory of clothing items. We are bringing it into our "yard" tomorrow for a 36 hour outfitting for our annual cross country run to be followed by a trip to Alaska next spring. If all goes well, it will not return to the east coast until the end of next summer.

Quotes around "yard" we live in a town house complex and have a space just big enough to stuff it while loading. Some neighbors are less than thrilled - their problem.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at it when I walked out of the garage today. Also thought about some of things I need to do on it, but that's about it.

ncfoxes
Explorer
Explorer
Got RID of it!!!!

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
We took L'Andante to Iron Horse RV in San Antonio for the Workhorse recall and a couple of routine maintenance things.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

SoCal_Kevin
Explorer
Explorer
Fixed a broken lock on the awning arm, replaced all generator exhaust hangers and wired the tail lights on the toad so no more external lights. Finished other little details in preparation for our annual trip to Zion at Thanksgiving. Ready to roll...
SoCal Kevin
1995 HR Navigator
M11 400 Cummins
Allison HD 4060
Ready Brute Towbar; 2000 Suburban Toad

dragr1
Explorer
Explorer
Went for a drive, put gas in it, weighed it at the cat scales, cleaned out the holding tanks.

Then, got stranded on the side of the road. No engine power and it won't fire. Called a buddy and we replaced the ignition control module and the main engine harness relay (twice). It again dies after 1/4 mile, so we looked for something else. Found some very questionable wiring by either the previous owner or the motorhome shop where I have been several times over the last 3 years. The wiring was on the main engine harness. After a couple of hours we got it home. Guess I have some wiring to do.
2014 Ram 3500 CC Longbed 4x4, G56, tow rig
2013 Jayco 33BHTS Travel Trailer
2014 Toyota Tacoma CC TRD 4x4, work rig

cross_country
Explorer
Explorer
Finished winterizing. Since 1994 with this "coach" I have winterized in the Southern States and Mexico which is of course a different process. Requirements there consist of tequila/rum/pacifico/ padre kino/ shorts and sandles and a good lounge chair.

I had to find a by-pass kit.....did at 39.99 plus HST 12%. What I did not know is that the 1/2 inch tubing water line is no longer made and that a new inflexible line has replaced it. When heated it bends, but as it cools returns to original position, stiff as a rock, nice stuff to work with when all the coach fittings depend on the ability of the pipe to conform. So of course after I had put the by-pass valves on; the original water line did not reach. Off to the RV store. Bought 4 feet of the "new" stuff at 2.50 per foot to cover mistakes and a 90 degree elbow $7.50 + HST, in hopes I could persuade the new line to meet the old junction. The sales lady said " good luck, and have fun". Right away, without hesitation I knew others had problems with this and ended up buying a newer "coach". But not me. With two hands out of site under the cupboard, a flashlight that would not stay in place and furnace vent hose attacking my every move, with the furnace on at full blast and a wind proof lighter, I did get all of those fittings over the barbs and manipulate the pipe into place before I had lost all patience and thought why 'am I doing this to save a few gallons of anti freeze? And I know why. All my peers either have by-pass valves to the hot water tank or in their hearts, and I just couldn't read another story about hot water by-pass valves without having one too.

Would my work leak spewing anti freeze all over the place? Don't know, I had already conformed to blowing out the lines with my compressor, to which I was impressed. I thought only more recent models were equipped to handle that.

So now how 'am I going to keep that mattress up in the air to get at the pump under the bed? Ok, found some long implements and supported it from the walls. Should not have brought the dog in with me,why did I think it would take an interest in all this....dogs back in the house, mattress propped up again and we find the access to the pump intake flat against the water tank. Simple fix...move the water pump, attach the siphon hose with the other end in the anti-freeze bottle, turn off all the taps and turn on the pump....to see if I had managed all the new connections.

Yes Houston, we have pressure. To my surprize, about 7 inches of water column went into the sink before the anti freeze showed up! And the dedicated ice maker made 5 trays of ice! Silly me thinking I would leave it on till I saw pink ice cubes! Good method to test the anti- freeze though.

So I learned that just blowing out the lines in my coach is not enough...water is lurking somewhere and collects in specific spots; unknown to me and obviously the manufacturer's too, cause the 6 drain valves don't do it either.

That's what I finished today, which started 2 days ago. During that time I have also been involved in emptying the "coach" after not being home for 2 1/2 years. My thought on this applies to tire pressure,and as a rule of thumb, I would add 2 lbs to each tire for every shopping trip your better half "needs" to do...and tow a vehicle with a small trunk, preferably a two seat'er.

You know, I miss being in there already. Tom

Mary and Tom '86 Crosscountry Sportscoach
2000 Foretravel U320 4210

dragr1
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned the roof, ran the engine, ran the generator, added seafoam treatment

Tomorrow-go for a drive since it hasn't been used lately, get some gas, more seafoam, maybe weigh it on the cat scales
2014 Ram 3500 CC Longbed 4x4, G56, tow rig
2013 Jayco 33BHTS Travel Trailer
2014 Toyota Tacoma CC TRD 4x4, work rig