cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

mepboat
Explorer
Explorer
Just got my coupons from my local Ford Dealer. I have a 2010 Pleasureway Excel with a V10 engine, 350 Ford chasis. Oil/Lube/Filter, full inspection, tire rotation, etc. for $39.99 and a rebate of $10.00. Just can't beat it for $29.99.

Kimbopolo
Explorer
Explorer
Got the generator oil changed, antenna crank lubed, and the AC/heat pump filter checked and cleaned.
2010 Roadtrek 190 Popular
http://www.kimbopolo.blogspot.com

dreed
Explorer
Explorer
I was making my annual trip to Quartzsite and I felt my 04 Excel misfiring. It was intermittent, didn't do it all the time. Finally got eng ck light and because of the scan gauge I was able to scan while underway. It indicated that #6 was misfiring. Replaced all the plug coils precautionary. Handy gadget.
Dave

retraite
Explorer
Explorer
Karsty wrote:
What kind of information can you get with the ScanGauge? Does it give information on CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CODES as well? I am definitely interested in one ... depending on the information it provides. ...

Thanks

Take a look here.

We use one in our Lexor and quite like it.

Cheers.

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
OUCH!!!!!!

I just finished having my 48,000 KM maintenance service preformed at the local Mercedes dealer. I know it's not cheap, but this seems ridiculous to me. Oil and filter, new fuel filter, new air and cabin filter, a full suspension and brakes inspection. Lubricant all doors and locks. All this for just under $1000. $933 to be exact. Granted $107 was for the government coffers.

Unfortunately I do not have the tools, the skills or knowledge to do much of this myself. I am going to start looking into some of the things I might be able to do myself ... I'll do some networking with other Mercedes Sprinter owners when the opportunity presents itself.

They also replaced an oxygen sensor under warranty due to a CEL error. This is the second sensor they have replaced in the past year.

They also ordered a new seatbelt buckle that has a broken wire that resulted in the SRS light staying on. This is warranty as well.

So that in essence cost me approximately 9 tanks full of gas ... or on average 7000 - 8000 km worth of driving. 😞

One the bright side this has been the only expense on the chassis for the past year.
Karsty (The Wandering Viking)

2012 Winnebago ERA

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
bobojay5 wrote:
Installed a ScanGauge, and took it for a 15 mile drive to fill it up with fuel

What kind of information can you get with the ScanGauge? Does it give information on CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CODES as well? I am definitely interested in one ... depending on the information it provides. Maybe you can Private Message me with details.

Thanks
Karsty (The Wandering Viking)

2012 Winnebago ERA

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Today I dug my RV out of the snow, cleared the snow at the curb, backer her out, cleared the snow off the windshield, and took her for a short ride. On Tuesday I started her after not being run for about a month, ran the engine and started and ran the generator for about a half hour.

She still has about a foot of snow on her top.

I also informed my wife that I am not going to leave the RV in the snow while we fly south. I didn't buy her to sit in the snow. Next winter I shall drive her south. Wife and dogs are welcome.

I am going to start to put things together for the coming RV season including, maybe, a little winter camping.

Heapie

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a ScanGauge, and took it for a 15 mile drive to fill it up with fuel
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Oh.ok.I think I might use one use baking pans.Very cheap but thicker than foil.Thanks for the idea.

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
stan909 wrote:
I'm intrigued by the foil. Can you show us a pic?

I gotta learn how to upload pics. Anyway, I cut 4 sheets of BBQ strength aluminum foil( from the biggest roll you can find in the store), back up the Sprinter, place them in front of each tire then drove on to them with my wife making sure I stop in the middle so wheels are all centered. Works like a charm in an area with lots of field mice/deer mice out partying all the time.Last winter I didnt have them under the wheels and we had a micey mess to clean up! Sorry I dont have a pic for you right now. Regards AL.

Metaphor_7182
Explorer
Explorer
~ snap traps worked well. Will “reload” and put all back in place. Will try that aluminum application next year.
First run of the season to Bay View on wind down after the Valentine’s Day weekend. 🙂 A recheck of the Dometic refrigerator is needed. Works fine with freezer compartment at 27 to 29F, then warms up to 36F before chilling down? :@
(There is a wireless temperature transmitter inside.) Sitting on the apron, been steady on 26F the past 24hrs? :h

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I have used locking gas caps on vehicles for 25 years. Less to keep people from sucking gas out, but to keep the local hooligans from trying to toss stuff in. This was back in the 1980s, after a family member in another part of town had to have a complete engine rebuild on a classic car (mid-60s Pontiac) after stuff that shouldn't be in the combustion chambers found its way there. Even though this is not likely going to happen, I like taking precautions anyway.

As for the foil underneath the tires, mind sharing a pic? That would very much come in handy here in TX where unless one has a thriving cat colony, the field mice would invade in a matter of days, and since the weather is generally warm, nothing really stops them from reproducing.

TinyoneRV
Explorer
Explorer
"Replaced the gas cap with a locking one and ordered the last four LED replacements."

My used RT came with a non-working locking gas cap. I was going to replace it when my truck driver son said, "Dad, if they want your gas they just punch a hole in the gas tank, take what they want and let the rest drain on the ground." I would rather let them siphon what they need and leave my tank alone so I just put on a regular gas cap. So far, so good.

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Karsty wrote:
Crawled under to check the propane tank and see if the wires to the monitor panel inside were disconnected. (The inside monitor for propane is showing FULL even when the tank is empty) I was horrified to see the tank and surrounding area was rusting real bad. The winter ice and snow and sand and SALT has taken a toll on the tank. As soon as the weather clears enough I have to get it cleaned and then start sanding and repaint the affected areas.

It was too dirty and full of dirt, sand and salt to even see if the wires were damaged.

I HATE WINTER!!!!!

Karsty, and you live in Canada???????? 🙂
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the gas cap with a locking one and ordered the last four LED replacements.

I had enough LEDs but decided to put brighter ones than I bought for the storage compartments and the cab over since we don't use those that much anyway. Everything is LED now inside and out. Before if I turned on one or two incandescent bulbs the fan in the converter would start up. Now I can turn on at least ten to twelve of the LEDs and the fan stays off.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York