cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

roughranger
Explorer
Explorer
I got new tires, did the cruise control recall again, changed the oil in the generator, and topped the batteries off with distilled water. Ready to go camping Thursday.
02 Granite Ridge 3100 SS
------------------------
04 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Highly Modified
00 Ford Explorer XLT 4DR
94 Ford Ranger SC 4x4 Modified

Norbecke
Explorer
Explorer
I took my motorhome out on a drive. filled up the tires. looked at it for awhile, parked it the driveway and camped in it for a few days, also washed her.
Erik
Coco(boxer/pitbull)
1999 Coachmen Catalina sport 240WB
FMCA 73886

phredsee
Explorer
Explorer
Finished installing ham radio, after (3) partial days of deciding where and how everything should fit, with big help from SCVJeff. (I think I might be done but you never know).
2008 Itasca Meridian 39Z
2009 Honda CRV

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Washed and waxed about 1/2 of it, while timing when the CG manager drives around the loop, so he didn't see me doing it.

First time staying at a CG for more than 2 days......I NOW know what you all are talking about, what happens when you are parked under trees for any length of time. What a PITA.:R

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

jcamp123
Explorer
Explorer
Checked front brakes after trip home from Myrtle Beach. Brakes squeaked all the way home whenever they were applied.. Couldn't find anything wrong
Joe and Susan
Tara the toy poodle and Patches the cat
Retired Teamster traveling when I can
2006 Allegro 32 BA
2009 Saturn Vue Red Line
FMCA 50826
-----------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins !!

ronfisherman
desertsun41 wrote:
I made an investment for the future. Our last trip was in April. We got home and parked it with about a quarter of a tank of gas. Since then we been watching the price of gas go up up up up. So Im home today and decided to pull off the cover and drive our Winnie down to fill up at $3.79 because in a couple more weeks when we take another trip the price will be well over $4.00.

Anyone ever see the look on peoples faces when you pull an RV into a gas station? Anyone ever have others make comments to you like: I sure wouldn't want to pay to fill that tank". Believe me I dont want to pay to fill that tank either.

Topped off our tank on the way back from a 400 mile trip. RV'er behind me with a small TT asked what it was like to $4.779 per gallon. :E Just frowned and paid the bill.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

desertsun41
Explorer
Explorer
I made an investment for the future. Our last trip was in April. We got home and parked it with about a quarter of a tank of gas. Since then we been watching the price of gas go up up up up. So Im home today and decided to pull off the cover and drive our Winnie down to fill up at $3.79 because in a couple more weeks when we take another trip the price will be well over $4.00.

Anyone ever see the look on peoples faces when you pull an RV into a gas station? Anyone ever have others make comments to you like: I sure wouldn't want to pay to fill that tank". Believe me I dont want to pay to fill that tank either.

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled up the bath vanity and kitchen counter tops. Pulled up the shower pan as PO said there was a leak under it. When I get the leaks all checked out and fixed, going to replace the counter tops with new stuff, and put new plastic lining in the shower.
I don't think anyones dying statement ever contained the words "I wish I had spent more time in the office", so lets go somewhere!

GiantWaldo
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the rear brakes and drums and tightened up the hoses. Getting it ready for the road after being in storage.

Replaced the tires last week.

Bring on the nice weather!

MikeMike
Explorer
Explorer
Locked towmaster on toad ,cleaned and greased,filled toad up 1/2 tank and filled 5 gal emergency jug,cleaned windows,made last minute to-do list and put on top of suite case,pumped new grease in everthing that has a fitting,fed the cat her favorite treat--- 1/4 pounder with cheese and some fries-I get the extra onions and pickels from hers on the one for me:)

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
Did NOT almost hit it backing out of the garage! Tomorrow I'm taking it to Ford to replace some wire harness or something with the cruise control (Recall stuff).. Then I'm gonna finish cleaning the outside. I replaced the motor battery this winter. Oil change and tire check tomorrow and then get ready for our first big trip in it since we've had it. We're heading from IL to Id via Badlands National Park, Mount Rushmore, Deadwood, Devil's Tower, Yellowstone, Grand Teton's, Burley Idaho for my brother in laws boat race and back to IL.
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
On Saturday I replaced a broken roof vent. Went smoother than I thought it might, started early as the forcast was for 94 degrees. Done by 10 am.. left me time to pull the front overhead window and reseal it... also killed off a wasp nest that was being started in the hot water heater outside compartment.
I don't think anyones dying statement ever contained the words "I wish I had spent more time in the office", so lets go somewhere!

MikeMike
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at the RV as I finished a big cup of coffee and felt good about all the aches and pains of waxing by hand-admired the rims that I spent 2 days on, and how nice the new tires look -gave Elvira my attack cat a bath and she is happy too ๐Ÿ™‚

Kentuk
Explorer
Explorer
The other day I noticed the bath room ceiling leaking down the back wall and around skylite, after opening up found it looked like has been for some time. I guess it took all the rain storms lately to make it show up, boy it did. Yesterday and today the weather was great but rain is comeing so no fishing, it's fixin time. Removed all old caulk from the roof rail mounts and rear roof seam from side to side (alum. roof). Cleaned the surface with MEK, checked all attaching screws and recaulked useing DYCO 20/20 caulk.
Found the skylite top cracked, could not get just the top (too old)
New assembly with fan was $136.00. Assembly with out fan $26.00.
NO Brainer here, just take the button switch and motor off the old and put on the new along with a new $6.00 fan blade. At this point that's a good plan and is doable. BE ADVISED, The motor can be installed in the wrong position, upside down or crooked. The same for the switch. The wire from the motor to the switch if not routed properly can be be pinched/cut by the slideing arm that lifts the top of the skylite. Wonder how I know that ?? (If time and safety is of concern spend the money) Now to install. Removed the cracked Skylite cleaned all old puddy and caulk from roof, cleaned with MEK, drilled new screw holes about 1/2 in. offset. Filled old screw holes with wood puddy. Put down new sealing puddy and installed new Skylite assy. used new 3/4" long alum. screws. Caulked all aroung edges and over screws. Don't think it will leak now.. Next removed old caulk from all through roof vents ect. and recaulked. Put tools away, drove the RV up to the truck wash and cleaned all but the new caulked area roof. That's what I did to my Class C MH today. It was a good day.

ckndave
Explorer
Explorer
Hubby replaced stereo/dvd player that got zapped with a shock during a dry sandstorm. Replaced toilet ball seal. He just installed a 19" LCD TV with a swingout arm (AWESOME)!
CK and Dave :W :W, Luke :C

Are we there yet?

HALLyDAZE - 2000 LAZY DAZE 26.5 RB