cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we just bought a 2003 Gulfstream Cavalair 29.5, the lights on ceiling in the bedroom, bath, hall, shower did not work. They do now.
Just really looking everything over to learn as much as possible abou this unit. First trip planned for early Sept.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

MikeMike
Explorer
Explorer
The big map pocket door panel inserts have bugged me for 2000 miles -how they seemed to be alittle droopy.Just pulled the elastic and folded it over and super glued it to itself-flattened all the pleats and now its all proper without popping the door panels off.

jaberg
Explorer
Explorer
Spent a good two hours cleaning (and polishing) the interior of one of the accessory hitches before I had the sense to throw a digital caliper on the receiver tube for our new bike rack.

2.02" doesn't fit into a 2" receiver.

Manufacturer has been informed and is looking for a tube that's within spec. Meanwhile, I did a bit of machining on the big tube. Tomorrow will be a more productive day.
Have Rover. Will travel.
Ford C8000 based custom Super C
Follow along on the journey:
http://roverhauler.wordpress.com

Nick_Wildwood
Explorer
Explorer
Installed another 18 watt solar panel and plugged it right into the first one. Piece of cake....

jaberg
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got the "Camper" back from the electrical overhaul. Everything is better than we'd hoped--but was more expensive than we imagined. So it goes. Took a shakedown cruise to Cape Cod last weekend and everything went well.

Yesterday I rewired the trailer socket to conform to the industry standard pin outs. (Anyone care to explain the thinking that goes into wiring a truck to match a trailer instead of the other way around--especially given that trailer must have been wired wrong!) Replaced the socket while I was doing the job--the cover flap had broken off. Currently running new wiring harness through the Demco tow dolly, pulling ground wires directly to each light. (The way they should be grounded to start with.) LED lights went on the Demco last week. Wish we had the $$$ to do the entire rig in LED--maybe next year.

Lots of little projects in the coming weeks as we prepare to head cross country. I'll try to keep you posted--and publish some pix of the interesting stuff.
Have Rover. Will travel.
Ford C8000 based custom Super C
Follow along on the journey:
http://roverhauler.wordpress.com

chadly
Explorer
Explorer
I washed her. The whole thing...

Pressure washed it first, then used the soap pressure wash mix to suds it up. While the suds was soaking, I took the Mr. Clean magic eraser to it. I tell you what, the Magic erasor is a LIFESAVER. I have had grime and chalky buildup i have never been able to get off, and this ate through it. It didnt get it all, but it sure made a diffrence.

I had to wash in sections and it took 4 hours, but man it was worth it.

Tomorrow, I take her in to have the genny looked at and maybe have an alignment looked at. I have alot of slop in the steering wheel...

The Genny is burning the plug, so something is up...i'll know more tomorrow...
Me and the kids
Daughter 13
Son 10

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
Ran the genset.....added some treatment to the gas tank.....checked the A/C, Refer, and Water heater (wasp nest in there!!)....dream of getting away!! Hopefully next month!!
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

PPCLI-Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Mines a class A but i got rid of the old style 8 inch tv 12"x12"14" and got to mount a a 12 Flatscreen 12/110 tv that has computer,dvd,cable in on it somehow. reworking the dash so i can mount a new stereo in it , gonna put a storage spot in the excess space left over. Gonna look into a under dash cover so the underside of the dash is sealed . then in one week its a tour around central BC ending in a 3 day stay in Port Renfrew on Vancouver Island
Been there, doing that have a few T shirts .

Old___Slow
Explorer
Explorer
had to put it in storage today until one day before next trip because of the home owners assoc. restriction. i'm 74 and remember years ago i did what i well darn pleased. lived in a up scale area but was able to put in a mh concrete pad along side of my home with hook-ups for my new toys. now, i've come a long ways just to be able to please the no it all hoa rules. a little venting is good for the soul.

floyd

MikeMike
Explorer
Explorer
Put a 3' grader blade on my antique side valve Gravely walk behind garden tractor and spent 4hrs making a new parking pad,added a stay awhile propane adapter kit,plugged in a extra tank and my grill,had grilled chicken and potato salad,I'am so full and sore I can hardly type.My cat ate chicken until she walked away from her plate without finishing it-she hasn't moved since-Ah the RV lifestyle ๐Ÿ™‚

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
double triple whatever post ...
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
no delete function? browser run amok!

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
pulled the instrument cluster and ground down those blue plastic light bulb covers that are so dark you could just barely make out the gauges at night. Ahhh, so much better now!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kendas
Explorer
Explorer
Checked the lights and fluids, filled the propane, gas (wallet went "Ouch") and water for this weekend.
1978 21ft Tioga Dodge 440 Motor,
4.5kw Generac and 80 watts Solar
1984 Goldwing Interstate (Daily driver)
Misc Things I've done to my RV pictures

USAF Retired
To Err is human... To Forgive is not SAC Policy.

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
Added a cable hatch to one of the storage compartment doors so we could keep the kids' vido game system locked up and still play it on the TV mounted outside.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon