cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
I finished the carpet in the cab. It was much easier than I thought it would be. The motorhome carpet is finished. Our list of things to do is very short now. I will have to find it to see whats next.

I did look around the yard yesterday and decided its next. You would think the grass and weeds would just go on hold when I want to work on the RV. My problem is I have to work around the deer as they like to sleep in the yard all day. Got to get out early an make lots of noise so they go some place else.
Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a MaxxAir II vent cover over the bathroom vent fan. Topped off water in batteries. Vacuumed it all out and cleaned bathroom. Brought all the towels and linens in to wash. I use a fitted sheet to cover our couch where our dog likes to lay and also throw one on the front passenger seat where he like to sit and lookout the windows when we leave him inside. I put a flat sheet on top of our Travasak in the bedroom too. I shake them out every other day. After several days I replace the ones on the bed and the couch. Really saves the upholstery! I bought some that color coordinate so the one on the couch looks like a slipcover! Anything to keep it looking nice and to preserve the fabric!
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
Finished the carpet in the coach today. Came out looking great. However after I finished it and my wife and I were standing there looking at it I said "darn I have seen that color some place before. My wife broke out laughing. When we got in the house she pulled out a pic of our Airstream that I replaced the carpet in 25 years or so ago. Yep same Commercial carpet and color. Oh well guess I must like that Buckwheat brown.

The lid on the battery box at the entrance never fit well. So while I had the carpet off of it I put a square on the box and its fine but the right side of the lid was cut at an angle. So ran it thru the table saw and it all fits fine. It bothered me each time I saw it. Guess I will have to find some thing else to bother me.

Hope to have time to do the Cab next week.
Snowdance

Chevy 7.4 Vortex

Budster
Explorer
Explorer
topped off the coach batteries today.... ๐Ÿ˜„
ymmv,
Jerry
2000 Lazy Daze 30' IB

sonicsix
Explorer
Explorer
EMD360 wrote:
That's an interesting spot for a whole house filter. How does that work in colder weather? Do you have enough flow to avoid freezing?

We fill the tank and bring the hose, filter and regulator inside if it ever gets that cold in the RGV.

W4MBG
Explorer
Explorer
finally parked her on her own, freshly made parking spot. no more parking in the yard, or on the street. just need to string up a big tarp over her to keep tree debris off.
1999 Winnebago Minnie, 29', Triton V10, mostly stock. So far...

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
That's an interesting spot for a whole house filter. How does that work in colder weather? Do you have enough flow to avoid freezing?
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

sonicsix
Explorer
Explorer
A whole house water filter. it is mounted to the frame just behind the rear bumper and will easily lift out when it needs to be replaced (or when traveling). I used quick disconnects so it can be quickly removed when it is time to hit the road! Got the housing at Lowe's for $22, the mount at Camping World for $12 and filters are available just about everywhere and are $6 each for the ones that filter at 2 microns and even remove chlorine taste.

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the carpet and pad from the coach. Will start installing the new pad and carpet today but will just work on it when I have time in the mornings. Gets way to hot during the day. Nice thing about where we live is low humidity and mornings in the 50's. But almost always clear and sunny so usaly quit working out side about noon.

I will remove and replace the carpet in the cab in the next couple weeks.
Snowdance

Chevy 7.4 Vortex

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
thebeach300 wrote:
i will be putting a battery disconnect switch on the battery to turn off the juice.it blows my mind why the makers don't put a cut off switch on at the factory.But they don't do much there on quality anyway thanks for the help.
today i cleaned up inside and sprayed the all the compartments inside the mh and under it for ants.
Many do come with Battery cutoff switches, I know my Forester did, & many others do also.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
We brought her home from the Doctors, they found & repaired the generator problem, when we took her in, the genny would start & run for 10 min. then shut down, in addition to removing bird nest from it, which I never saw, they also found a loose wire at the fuel cutoff switch, & replaced a bad fuel pump. I was so happy that I ran the generator & AC all the way on the 1 hour trip home.
NOW we can start packing her up for our 5 day trip next week.

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
i will be putting a battery disconnect switch on the battery to turn off the juice.it blows my mind why the makers don't put a cut off switch on at the factory.But they don't do much there on quality anyway thanks for the help.
today i cleaned up inside and sprayed the all the compartments inside the mh and under it for ants.

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
NavyChaps wrote:
NavyChaps wrote:
Taking it back to the shop to have them re-repair $8000.00 delam work they did last December :(. They said labor was only warranted for 90 days but materials are for a year. Let's hope they say it was a failure of materials. I have no leaks but I think it is baking in the heat as it is the side that faces the afternoon sun. Bummer! Insurance will probaly still say it is a "maintainance" issue.

Got lucky, they fixed it on the spot. Believe it or not they said it was due to the heat! Said I should park it facing the other way so that one side doesn't always get the afternoon sun. Wow! They think the originalk de-lam was caused by same.:E May be time to invest in covered storage.

Being in Phoenix would like to know the brand?
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

skimask
Explorer
Explorer
Comparatively speaking, a few smoke and CO detectors pull a few drips out of a bathtub full of electricity. If your battery goes dead in 10 days, I think you've either got a bad battery or some other electrical "leech" going on. I'd start with cleaning the battery terminals really good, making sure any and ALL electrical loads are switched off, wait 10 days, and go from there...or get your hands on a good multimeter and do a load check while flipping breakers on and off and finding that "leech" load.

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
i will check the rest of the stuff in the mh ,it takes about ten days for the lights to go out.i have looked just about everywhere for some cutoff but can't find one.it took me a while to find the breaker box who hides it on the left side of the bed where you have no room there idiots.