cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

bote3
Explorer
Explorer
Found a fuel leak replaced 2 lines and changed oil to mobile 1 synthetic

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
roof washed and treated rv washed just a few more things and it will be in storage for the winter.

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
caulked around rear window to fix a leak will find out if it worked tues. is calling for rain,hope to wash roof and rest of rv tomorrow and finish the storing for winter.

Cloots6
Explorer
Explorer
Found the source of bad odor coming from my dash vents. Mouse nest on top of the motor and the resident evidently died there. Cleaned it all out and hopefully I won't suffer when I drive it again.

Navy_Smoker
Explorer
Explorer
Drained the fresh water tank and water heater, blew the remaining water from the lines, added pink stuff to the traps, exercised the generator for an hour with Seafoam and moved the Direct TV box back to the house. The cover wil go on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Bill (CDR, USN (Ret))& Kathleen (retired homemaker)
Mingo & Maverick (Aussie Shepherds)
2016 Winnebago Vista
Competition BBQ Team Leader

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
We painted over the dated wallpaper in the dinning area bath and the bed over the cab,,tomorrow we will do the bed room and we are tearing up the old carpet and installing a new hardwood floating floor ,,changin the curtains and removing the pulldown shades and replacing them with blinds....complete remodle and having a grt time while doin it......

David_R
Explorer
Explorer
Blew out the lines and added anti-freeze.
2007 BT Cruiser 5231
2002 Heritage Softail Classic

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
cycletwo wrote:
Hi Pianotuna: I have a 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 32.6 ft with one slide.

The disconnect switch on our 07 Greyhawk is at the base of the cabinet, adjacent to the steps, right when you walk into the coach...close to the floor.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon

cycletwo
Explorer
Explorer
Pianotuna: Is a 2011 Jayco new enough to have a "fairly heavy converter" and how would I be able to tell? If I have one, is it recommended/OK to keep shore power 24/7?

trb46
Explorer
Explorer
Tightened the nylon plug in the water heater; noticed a few drops of water today on my walk-around. No more drips.
2011 Four Winds 23A
Only 48 more states to visit!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I'm sure you have a disconnect switch--sometimes called a "salesman switch". Contact Jayco and I'm sure they will know where to look.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

cycletwo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Pianotuna: I have a 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 32.6 ft with one slide.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

What make and model is your class c?

Some older units do not have a battery disconnect switch.

Plugging in year round would require a fairly modern converter--otherwise the RV will serve you fried batteries and egg.

cycletwo wrote:
Where do I find/have installed a house battery cutoff switch? Where does it go? My slideout battery tray only comes about 2/3's out making it almost impossible to service the rear battery with the cables attached. Any ideas?
Is it recommended to keep shore power throughout the winter if not using the coach?
I had ride rite shocks added and they work great.

Some battery disconnect switches do not disconnect everything from the battery. It depends on the manufacturer.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

What make and model is your class c?

Some older units do not have a battery disconnect switch.

Plugging in year round would require a fairly modern converter--otherwise the RV will serve you fried batteries and egg.

cycletwo wrote:
Where do I find/have installed a house battery cutoff switch? Where does it go? My slideout battery tray only comes about 2/3's out making it almost impossible to service the rear battery with the cables attached. Any ideas?
Is it recommended to keep shore power throughout the winter if not using the coach?
I had ride rite shocks added and they work great.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi all,

Took it back to storage--next trip Nov 24. That one will be "in the deep freeze" and a shorty--so I'll run some tests, but won't actually have water in the tanks.
Regards, Don