cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I plugged in just the converter to do some testing of my electric resistance anti freeze heating systems. I'll be posting about that in a new thread.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
Took her out for a short drive and ran the Generator for two hours, Going to town in a few Day's to refill the LP tank, She is ready for winter.
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Charged house batts, checked the tires and wished I had the time to go somewhere. Gonna winterize this weekend I guess.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Picked up the RV and loaded it down with boxes--it is doubling as a moving van these days. Very much cheaper than hiring a company to do the move. Lots of work though.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
No. 'Technically', an 'inverter' changes direct current to alternating current: inverter[\url]

You are correct that 'converter' is a made-up term. But, the 120VAC-to-12VDC device i...

Lee

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
cycletwo wrote:
I have no idea if it is a 3-stage converter or not. Guess I have to call Jayco again. Is a converter the same thing as an inverter?
A converter takes 120 volts and turns it into 12 volts An Inverter takes 12 volts and turns it into 120 volts so they are not the same thing, To leave your RV plugged into shore power you have to have a good three stage converter/charger or it will cook the Battery's
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Since our Thanksgiving dinner will be on Sun. when the whole family can get here. I decided to get the C ready for cold weather. Drained the water, I prefer the compressed air method, so hooked up the air line and purged the lines of water. Then dumped rv anti freeze in all the traps. Ready for the cold weather that is coming tomorrow night. Will refill when we take a day trip this winter, and redo the air method. Hope to have a number of day trips this winter.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

rgrcpa
Explorer
Explorer
Went to New Orleans for a week. Rig behaved beautifully. Only problem is the loading and the unloading. Seems to get harder and take longer, the older I get.
Rick Roberts
RV Part-timer
2002 Jayco Granite Ridge 32'

Ken___Barbie
Explorer
Explorer
Put new 30A shore plug on.
Ken & Barb

pdmac1946
Explorer
Explorer
Hey stutzismydog,
Good luck. I think you will be happy. Let me know.

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
well put tires off the ground covered them and sealed the vents on fridge,w/h,and heater now just have to cover and put jack stands in and i am done.

stutzismydog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks pdmac1946 for the info and your impressions, I will order this one http://www.tadibrothers.com/Catalog/BackupCameraKits/7-Monitor-with-Wireless-License-Plate-Backup-Camera .
Still kicking...just not as high.
2003 Chevy. Duramax,4WD,SB,CC,SB, White with all the bells and whistles.2002 Komfort 26T with pop out.
Two Suzukie KQ 700 for our adventures.

pdmac1946
Explorer
Explorer
Hey stutzismydog,
The wireless camera and monitor I got is sold by tadibrothers.com. I got the 5" monitor so I could mount it on the dash and be able to see it at a glance. Except for a lot of wires to hook it up and the fact that the only clearance light I could access in the back was in the compartment below a bunk bed in the rear behind the water tank it really wasn't hard to install. I used the clearance light so I could use it when I was driving and in reverse..I went with wireless because I have an older motorhome and didn't want to fish wire 28 ft from the camera to the monitor. It performs pretty well. The camera covers a wide area both sideways and up & down. It pretty clear. I haven't tested it at night yet. I have read that doing a wired hookup from the camera to the monitor gives you a clearer picture. I am happy with the way mine works. Check out Tadibrothers.com. I have talked to them and they are very accomodating if you have questions. They are there in California.

Navy_Smoker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to the help from seveal posts here, I was able to adjust a Day/Night blind so that it opens and closes properly.
Bill (CDR, USN (Ret))& Kathleen (retired homemaker)
Mingo & Maverick (Aussie Shepherds)
2016 Winnebago Vista
Competition BBQ Team Leader

stutzismydog
Explorer
Explorer
pdmac1946 wrote:
Installed a wireless backup camera and monitor in my 17 year old Chateau class C. Not easy access for hooking up the power to the camera. Had to lay under the rear bunk bed to get to wiring behind the water tank. No easy access to other source of power. Finally got it hooked up. Works great. I travel alone and don't always know what is behind me so the camera will be well appreciated.

What wireless backup camera and monitor did you purchsd,....I am thinking of doing the same thing as I haul two ATVs on a trailor that I cant see from the drivers seat. Tell me how good is it and a link to the one that you have.
Still kicking...just not as high.
2003 Chevy. Duramax,4WD,SB,CC,SB, White with all the bells and whistles.2002 Komfort 26T with pop out.
Two Suzukie KQ 700 for our adventures.