cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
eyeteeth wrote:
Removed the old... and installed new power converter.

Good move! One of the smartest things you can do.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pulled right front wheel to check brakes. Going racing and won't be home for a few weeks. Sonoma then heading to Seattle.

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the old... and installed new power converter.

SweetWaterSurpr
Explorer
Explorer
Installed front air bags to my Phoenix Cruiser this weekend.

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
new (to me) class c. tail gate party for neighborhood fireworks. couldn't do this with the TT. guess I need to update signature
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions

ronfisherman
Replaced the cheap drawer slides in large closet drawers with full extension ball bearing slides. No more full drawers falling off slides when driving down the road.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

regis101
Explorer
Explorer
In order to drive this thing home when I bought it almost a year ago, it needed a gas tank. Had to fab supports and hangars out there in the field where it was resting for the previous eight years. But then, I had only used two cinch straps to hold 'er down to the framework to get it home. Today I replaced them with metal strapping and a few angle brackets. Turned out well.

I then proceeded to whisk broom the undercarriage so as to de-spiderize a few dozen old and new black widow families that wanted to call this thing home. I will have to make a home brew solution and use a weed sprayer type bottle to keep them away or at least under control. They pay no rent so...
Peace. ~RL

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yesterday I bought a pair of golf cart batteries at Sam's Club to replace and upgrade the deceased house battery. That's a bit of a drive, being on the other side of Lake Champlain from me.

I worked on a project of rebuilding the house battery holder underneath the entry steps. The original holder (welded up out of angle iron) from Coachmen was in perfectly usable condition, but the design lacked about an inch or so of clearance to permit golf cart batteries to be used. I cut and ground away the bits I needed to in order to put on a modified setup with deeper angle irons on the bottom. For the life of me I don't really understand why the factory didn't just lower it a bit more (or alternately provide for more clearance above, which could have been done by slightly rerouting an LP line and a few wires etc.). It sure would have saved me a bit of effort.

Tomorrow I should be able to drill and bolt everything together. Tuesday I'll head out for a few days of camping.

Yes, I did know the tray would need modification when I bought the batteries. :B

I also need to tape or wire or velcro up the electrical connector underneath the passenger seat that is the source of the occasional annoying clank as it hits against the seat supports. It took me some time to discover what was causing that noise; it sounded something like an aluminum can stuck underneath something and getting crushed periodically, though of course there was obviously no can in the area. (I mention this mainly in case someone else has a similar annoying sound from the same cause.)

Nevadastars
Explorer
Explorer
What I did today was take it off Craigslist. A couple was going to drive 100 miles to see it, and the wife and I got cold feet at the last minute. So I called the potential buyer back up and they completely understood and said they did the same thing with their current C a few years ago. We were going to sell it and get a 5th wheel, but ours is just so clean and we know the history of it, decided not to give it up just yet. This after I sold my Ram 1500 and got a 2500 Cummins for the sole purpose of towing a fiver about a month ago.

Oh well, such is life. LED's will be the next upgrade for it.
2016 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 262RGX 8,268 UVW 11,754 GVWR
2007 Ram 2500 QC SB 4x4 Smarty tuned 5.9 Cummins
B&W Turnover Ball & Andersen Ultimate

regis101
Explorer
Explorer
All interior lights changed over to LED fixtures. Put on new tail light assemblies today.
It'll be dark soon. Have to go check things out.
Peace. ~RL

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
Finished rebuilding the Cab over bank... finally... Now we ca start cleaning it up to actually USE it!

regis101
Explorer
Explorer
Changing the interior lighting to LED . Ordered and received a single and double from Lumitronics thru Amazon. Tried them but too bright even though the lumens is/was equal to the 1141 bulbs. blah, blah. Hurts my eyes walking up to them to turn on or off. I may one day get a handle on these new fangled LED bulbs.
Any who, I went to wally world and picked up a lampshade that used a plastic diffuser with cloth outer. Cut the hoops off to lay material flat. Traced optic lens from LED fixture onto shade material. Cut the material and inserted into optic lens. Ahhhhh, mellows out the brightness. Removed the cloth also. Too much dampening. The effect is easy on the eyes. I essentially made a frosted lens for the new fixtures.
Taking this as a success, I ordered additional fixtures to complete the job. They should be here tomorrow.
Kinda crazy that the combined amperage/wattage draw of the 10 LED's equals two of the OE 1141 bulbs.
This a link to the double. Scroll down to see the single.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010PD9NRM/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687702&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-strip...
Peace. ~RL

Imotay
Explorer
Explorer
Added 2 privacy curtains..1 in the back bedroom and 1 for the overhead sleeper. Used curtain-tracks.com

JesseJ1826
Explorer
Explorer
Retrieved it from the RV repair place where it got new awning fabric to replace the old 15 year old stuff that was full of little holes and the dirt was so embedded in it was impossible to get clean. Also got new exhaust pipe for the generator.
J J

2001 Four Winds Chateau 31N E450 V10
2006 Saturn Vue V6 AWD, drivetrain by Honda, body by Tupperware
Aventa II, Brake Buddy

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Loading it up for the 4th weekend trip. Also called the bank again and got someone that actually knew what they were doing. Finally have access to the loan online started paying it down! Tried going to the bank but talk about idiots.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)