cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Ordered an hour meter for the replacement generator. That will make oil changes more sensible than me guessing.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the oil in the generator. Did you know there's a 30amp breaker on the inside by the start switch? After 30 minutes of troubleshooting I do now....!!!

The ujoint at the transmission is bad so going to replace the other 2. One of the other has been replaced. Diff fluid is also being changed.. if I have time for it all this weekend.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

sleepyhead
Explorer
Explorer
Since my landlord won't let me put up a temp carport. I have to purchase a 30x40 tarp. So I wrapped it up in a big ol brown tarp.
Environmental groups ARE the local terrorist in the USA...................

sullivanclan
Explorer
Explorer
We had great weather in Western Colorado, temp hear 60 degrees in February. So we finished installing our 100 AMP solar and new controller.

We then spent the weekend changing out all of our cabinet hardware for a more up to date look. (Got rid of the shiny gold colors). Even spray painted the old gold hinges and faucets. Looks look a new rig inside. Soon to come new flooring and a extend a shower curtain system.

Hitting the road soon!
2003 Ford 450 Jayco Greyhawk 25D
1986 Jeep Renegade
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JK

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
EricSmith. HHHHHHMMMMMMM, life insurance money, be careful. LOLOLOLOLOL
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
woodworker414 wrote:
Hi EricSmith. No where to go???????????
Heck just get on the road and go, you'll find something.
But I know what you mean.

Actually going to get away next weekend it looks like. The DW has initiated a light travel only status until her trip to Thailand/Laos next year. She's going to go even if she has to use my life insurance money...

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Hi EricSmith. No where to go???????????
Heck just get on the road and go, you'll find something.
But I know what you mean.
Brenda and Bill
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
I've did a few things over the last couple weeks. Ran a coax and used a motorola to f connector adapter to the headunit up in the chassis. Want to see if the TV antenna pick up channels better than the stock antenna. So far it is.

Installed the RVLock v4 wireless and touch pad. Nice! Door feels more secure now. Also went through and washed every cover I could take off and used the carpet cleaner on the seats I couldn't. Children are messy! It's ready to go somewhere.. but no where to go!

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just got home from a 9 day - 1,000 winter run up to Quartzsite, Laughlin, Oatman and Vegas. Naturally a thorough cleaning was in order. My bride tackles the interior while I take on the exterior. Started at 9 this morning and by 1:30 had it standing tall.

A good scrubbing with a long handled brush followed by some hand work with a mitt got most of the dirt and black streaks. Cleaned up what remained with some Nu Finish polish {the best I have ever used over the last 30 years}. Fortunately not all that many bugs on the cabover {for a change}. Finished off detailing the chrome up front and doing all of the windows and darn, she looks pretty good.

It was past due for changing the water heater anode so I pulled the old one {not too much left}, and flushed out the water heater. A tip I'll share.... if you are looking for a 1 1/16" socket {a bit of an odd size}, to remove/install your new anode look no further then a large, four arm lug wrench. The largest of the four socket ends is in fact 1 1/16th

Be sure to remove the aerators from your kitchen and bathroom sink if you find much, if any debris from the old anode in the bottom of the tank as it will clog your faucets. Flush out the tank and then run both faucets for a couple of minutes before reinstalling them.

:C

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! The furnace isn't working. Hello, I am in central FL for the winter. Tueday I turned ont eh furnace at the tstat. The fan started to run to purge the furnace, then the burner ignited and burned for a few seconds, and the shut down. HHHHMMMMM, it did this two more times, then went into defalt mode. Restarted the furnace again at the tstat.Same thing. I tried numerous times, same thing. Called a local rv repair tech. Make this a short story. He took the panel off the furnace outside, everything looked fine. Then I made the comment, with the nasty storms that we had on Sunday, with hours of wind anrain, could water have gotten into the furnace. He look really close and saw some moisture at the edge of the printed circuit board. Took the board loose and there was water under the board. The board sits on the bottom of the enclouse, so the back of the board sits on the botoom. The board does not have feet on it. He took the board out and dried it off and wiped the botoom and then he cut a piece of cardboard under the board. And suggested that I cut some rbber and put legs on the crners of the board. Probably lucky it did not ruin the board. The furnace is working just fine. Water was driven into the area of the board because of the constant pressure of the wind. Probably will never have this problem again.
Brenda and Bill

RoadAbode
Explorer
Explorer
Installed an Access Port into my Fresh Water Tank.

Alway wanted to see in there!

The RoadAbode Crew
Mike ~ Amy ~ Kimberly ~ Emily ~ and Molly the pup
RoadAbode Blog

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
It came back home.. all polished, 1 new carrier bearing and u-joint. It's cleaner than it left! This is the type of person you lend stuff to. Need to plan a trip. Haven't been anywhere since the first of August the boys want to go somewhere. Should of seen their faces when it pulled up the road.

lane_hog
Explorer II
Explorer II
Installed a wireless backup camera.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/automotive-marine-hardware/automotive-accessories/peak-r...

Got it on sale for $69 a few months back, and finally had a chore-free day to do the exterior camera install.

The kit is made to go on a licence plate holder and be wired into the backup light, but I chose to mount it high and splice into the clearance light circuit so that it's always on when the lights are on (which they always are with me even in daytime).

My Winnebago had a pre-placed wiring hole in the rear top cap, so it was a fairly simple installation. After pulling out the plug and removing the center clearance light on the rear cap, it took me less than two minutes to snake the camera's power wire, and splice it into the clearance light wiring.

The only problem I ran into was reverse polarity in the wiring harness (apparently a common problem?...).
  • 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
returned from 1800 mile trip to Moab. Welded broken slide bracket, front slide opened slightly while traveling down I-40. Repainted lower panel damaged by trailer hitch. Replaced differential gear oil with synthetic. Need to wash and restock for Hot Rod reunion in Bakersfield in a few weeks.

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Last scheduled trip this fall is over. Washed, winterized, and put in the garage for the winter.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York