cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
It appears there may be no insulation in the roof of my Kustom Koach. Any advice on using foam such as Great Stuff?

Installed spray on foam in semi trailers and such used for refrigeration, what I know is you have to be careful as the foam expands and even after sitting for a day expands some more. We sprayed, shaved then sprayed some more. Great stuff expands like crazy but I like it for certain things.

Nevadastars
Explorer
Explorer
Sold it and going to look at a 5th wheel tomorrow.
2016 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 262RGX 8,268 UVW 11,754 GVWR
2007 Ram 2500 QC SB 4x4 Smarty tuned 5.9 Cummins
B&W Turnover Ball & Andersen Ultimate

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Had one of the 20# propane refilled yesterday.
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
It appears there may be no insulation in the roof of my Kustom Koach. Any advice on using foam such as Great Stuff?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
Installed air horns with 2.5 gallon tank on my Nexus Super C. I could have tied into the air system on my rig but didn't want to mess with the air for brakes and air suspension. I can't believe the wimpy electric horn they put in these things. If you were in a car with radio at just a normal level traveling at 25 MPH and 10 feet away from my MH you most likely would not hear the standard horn. You'll hear me now.

I had a heck of time finding just semi horns all anybody wants to sell these days are train horns, that is not what I wanted. I just want someone to hear the horns not scare the $hit out of them.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the coax from the antenna to the Winegard plate. I found the center wire of the coax was corroded off at the roof connection. No wonder the TV didn't work!! I eliminated that connection and pulled a new coax through so it is one piece now.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
replaced the bulb for the fridge heater
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Opened up the rig, got out the Bissell carpet cleaner and cleaned the carpets, the ceiling around the a/c unit and charged the batteries. Inside held up well over the winter and not signs of leaks from any snow. Now to start the real cleaning and rubbing out and polishing the exterior.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Vacuumed out the housing around the front fan, relatively easy just kept forgetting. Snow predicted for St. Louis but Denver is going to be warmer so only heading west instead of east tonight.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the AC shroud. We donated the last one to the I-75 roadside debris while driving in that gusty wind a few days ago. I had noticed a few hairline cracks in it while checking the roof recently and thought I would be replacing it some day. That day just got here sooner than I expected.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Looking for a place to plug in at Grand Forks. Storm stayed.
Regards, Don

Rovin__Bones
Explorer
Explorer
Sunday & Monday 03/05 03/06 Got a new pair of balls! WOOT! 2" Hitch balls put on the rear hitch and front hitch plate. Safety chain eye bolts replaced. One was broken off, the other was badly bent from one of the previous owners. Now I'm ready to go pick up the 1998 Wells-Cargo 5x8 cargo trailer I bought on Saturday 03/04 for $900.
1983 24' Midas Freeport. Chevy 350 mated to a TH400 transmission on a GM G30 chassis and a spiffy Onan 4kw genset.

!*NEW Blog page*!
Rovin' Bones

ronfisherman
Finished doing the winter wax of motor home. Seems 35' gets longer every year. :B:(
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Put new weather stripping on the entry door.
Regards, Don

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Took it on a test drive after changing the u-joints. Thinking the torque converter is going to call it quits eventually. Refilled the batteries and cleaned everything up. Put in half-gallon among the three. This week going to get it ready for a trip to St. Louis next week.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)