cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered the Roadmaster steering stabilizer! Curious to see if it helps. Don't know if the alignment really did much for the effects of the wind. It did help tightened up the steering at least. Going to Colorado end of May so getting it ready for trip.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
RonaldEdd wrote:
Our 2005 Winnebago Aspect was a GREAT coach that we really liked. After much work on the suspension, it handled very good for a E450 motorhome.

I just purchased a new Four Winds 22B Class C with the Ford E-450 chassis. What items did you add/replace to make your's handle better? Mine is definitely a handful, especially in the wind.

Thank you

Google "E450 Caster" for a solution to "loose steering" and "wandering" issues.

RonaldEdd
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2005 Winnebago Aspect was a GREAT coach that we really liked. After much work on the suspension, it handled very good for a E450 motorhome.

I just purchased a new Four Winds 22B Class C with the Ford E-450 chassis. What items did you add/replace to make your's handle better? Mine is definitely a handful, especially in the wind.

Thank you

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
two new coach batteries. And a good wash, to get the road grime off from the trip back from FL>
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Having just returned from a 9 day, 1,500 mile roundtrip to southern Utah it was time for some serious cleanup. My bride tackles the interior while I assume all exterior duties. A thorough de bug treatment, complete wash down and the application for a fair amount wax {but not a full wax job}, completed the exterior cosmetics.

I have to replace or repair a small leak at the bathroom faucet and the rear hatch cover has developed a crack after 5 years. I've already replaced the other two so this should be a simple repair/replacement. No other mishaps. On this trip we turned over 41,000 miles in a little over the last 3.5 years and just keep on having waaaay too much fun.

:B

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Looked under the hood to see if there was any obvious damage, then looked around inside to see if there were any water leaks, or other problems, after the winter. Happy to say there were no problems found. Next comes the dewinterization process.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
De-winterized cleaned and sanitized the water system, ran and checked everything, cleaned the inside. Ready to head out for the first trip of the year.

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I installed the brain-box on my electric step so it has the "last man out" feature. I used an LED strip light for illumination.

Today I replaced the slide-out seal.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Six new Yokohama YK-HTX tires installed and the metal valve stems rebuilt.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
We are leaving Monday to go back north till next winter.
I decided yesterday to raise the jacks. Have had problems with them. Sue enough the jacks would not retract. Called the rv service guy who comes to this park. He tried and nothing worked. Called Thor tech support, and after maybe almost an hour, the jacks still would not come up using the control panel. So we raised them manually. The tech support and my rv guy think that the solenoid at the motor is going bad. And that my coach batteries may need replacing. I am going to wait till I get home to work on it, because my buddy is a mechanic and has his own business and I get his pricing. So I can save alittle money. Just part of the RV experience.
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a backup camera with a dedicated screen. The head unit comes on at "key on" and the camera comes on with the clearance lights. If I want the camera on all the time, I will pull the headlight switch out one click to get tail/clearance lights or fully out for headlights.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
replaced the single battery that our new coach came with, with 2 new interstate batteries, installed a Tire Pressure Monitoring system and 3 vent covers. Then took it to the car wash and put some fresh gas in it. Getting ready for our first trip of the year in 3 weeks.

Kave_Dweller
Explorer
Explorer
Bought one! now just need the weather to use it!

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
klutchdust wrote:
Cranked up the dish for TV reception and watched an old episode of wanted dead or alive while the wife went looking for me. If the dish in my coach sits idle you have to reset by computer. Why is that, my spare bedroom sits idle.

Could you be losing power to the one in the coach? Could be when you plug it in it takes a few minutes before it has power after shutting it down. Does it take 120VAC to operate it?

The one in the house has power all the time.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cranked up the dish for TV reception and watched an old episode of wanted dead or alive while the wife went looking for me. If the dish in my coach sits idle you have to reset by computer. Why is that, my spare bedroom sits idle.