cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
Finished a 3 day project removing the Poli Glow that the previous owner had put on our rig. Polished it with 3M Cleaner/wax and it shines like a new dime.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
installed a fridge-fix refrigerator fan, replaced a leaking toilet valve, scraped off a bunch of white stuff on the kitchen sink and replaced a badly corroded drain.
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Dumped the tanks and sprayed them out good at our local Camping World today (free with a Good Sam membership). No one in line waiting so I was able to take my time. It gets a good bath this weekend and I head out next week again for a few days at a music fest.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
just sold her my class a now awaits
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Well, not today.. But recently. I got a pneumatic needle scaler and got to work on some of the rusty parts of the chassis frame rails. It wasnt bad, there were some spots that the factory coating was flaking off, so i wanted to be proactive. After using the scaler (you really want to use eye protection, and hearing protection while you do this) i wiped it all down, let it dry and then got after it with Rust Reformer. I goes on milky white, and the turns black when dry. Here in New England, RUST is a killer of vehicles.
Proud father of a US Marine

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
OFDPOS wrote:
Looked out the rear slider at it. Its only 109 outside today.

I ordered both front and rear Hellwig Sway bars and new Moog sway bar end links, but too darn hot to install them.

Trying to decide which Steering Stabilizer to go with Saf-T-Plus or ?
Not sure what the difference is between Bilstein steering stabilizer at $90 vs Saf-T-Plus at $358 ?

Also the last 2 older MH's on Chevy 3500 chassis we had I replaced the stock shocks with Bilstein HDs and noticed a big difference.
This time around thinking of trying those Koni FSD shocks on the Ford E450 ?

Did the Koni's on my 09 Cambria and the difference is significant. Original owner upgraded the sway bars and recently had the front end aligned and it handles much smoother.

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
Looked out the rear slider at it. Its only 109 outside today.

I ordered both front and rear Hellwig Sway bars and new Moog sway bar end links, but too darn hot to install them.

Trying to decide which Steering Stabilizer to go with Saf-T-Plus or ?
Not sure what the difference is between Bilstein steering stabilizer at $90 vs Saf-T-Plus at $358 ?

Also the last 2 older MH's on Chevy 3500 chassis we had I replaced the stock shocks with Bilstein HDs and noticed a big difference.
This time around thinking of trying those Koni FSD shocks on the Ford E450 ?

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
After 5.5 years the faucet in the bathroom developed a small leak. Water would ooze out from beneath the fixture when the water was turned on. It was only a few drops so I ignored it for a couple of trips but today I finally replaced the fixture.

It took about a minute and half to remove the old faucet. A quick ride down to Home Depot and I selected a nice Glacier Bay replacement for $59. The new one has much taller spout that will make it easier to get under the flow.

I also took a few minutes and pulled the house batteries out on their tray and topped them up. One of the two Grp 27's requires disconnecting the cables to be able to get the cap covers off so it takes a few minutes but is worth it too know they are fine. Also topped up the V-10 battery and checked all of the engine fluids and tire pressures.

:C

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
RonaldEdd wrote:
My "indash" radio runs off of the coach battery. I believe that all Thor coaches are that way so that you can use the radio without having the ignition key turned on or to accessory

Winnebago designed our Itasca for either way to power it's in-dash RV radio. There's a rocker switch right on the dash to switch between a connection to the chassis battery regardless of the ignition key's position .... or the other rocker switch position that connects the radio to the coach batteries.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

RonaldEdd
Explorer
Explorer
BobK53 wrote:
We just replaced our "piece of junk" Magnadyn television because we watch movies while parked, not while driving. Why wear down the starting battery to watch a movie while parked

My "indash" radio runs off of the coach battery. I believe that all Thor coaches are that way so that you can use the radio without having the ignition key turned on or to accessory

BobK53
Explorer
Explorer
We just replaced our "piece of junk" Magnadyne radio/CD/DVD player/turn signal and rear camera displays/GPS Navigation unit with a much better units with all the same features plus the added feature of having a telephone Mic so that I can talk on the phone "over the radio." Read that as no hands off the steering wheel necessary. The Kenwood unit is much better than the Magnadyne. Many times the DVD player and the CD player would just not work. Makes it hard to listen to a book on tape while driving. We did not hook up the DVD player to the main television because we watch movies while parked, not while driving. Why wear down the starting battery to watch a movie while parked. We just use a stand alone DVD player that is co-located with the television and uses the coach batteries (and solar power if we are not plugged in). Also, the Magnadyne "dim" switch no longer flashes on then off repeatedly while driving down the road.
Bob Keeland and Joy Young
Arnaudville,Louisiana
2011 Jayco Grethawk 31FK

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Turned on the fantastic fan in the roof vent. First time in 2017! (May 4th)
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
Phil, That's exactly how this one works also. It has a manual switch just inside the entry door that when in the off position, the step will go out when the door is opened but will not go back in when the door is closed, so that when you are camped the step is not going in and out constantly. If that switch is turned on then the step follows the door...open door=step out....closed door=step in.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Travelin2 wrote:
Yesterday I installed the brain-box on my electric step so it has the "last man out" feature. I used an LED strip light for illumination.

Hmmmm .... my Itasca's electric step came from Winnebago with an electric step that: A) Whenever the ignition key is turned OFF and the step is in, the first time the coach door is opened the step goes out and stays out, and B) whenever the ignition key is turned ON the step goes out each time the coach door is opened and goes in each time the coach door is closed.

The above have proven to be perfect operating modes for our step.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Installed new rear sway bar end links, and bought some more LED's for the coach
Proud father of a US Marine