cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this??

mlh
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know what this is? When I had to remove my fuel tank, this was inside one of the frame rails. I am not sure if it came loose. I didn't see the other end. It may have been trapped there by the fuel tank during assembly of the unit. I saw others under there and they do not appear to be holding anything up or together. A some kind of bump stop maybe? If it came loose, it looks like it came loose a long time ago. If it was holding something up, it is gone. LOL. Anyone?

2021 Ram 2500 Crew, 6.4, 4x4
2022 Cherokee Arctic Wolf 287BH
B and W patriot 18k slider.
9 REPLIES 9

mlh
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much. I just wanted to make sure something wasn't going to fall off going down the road.

lil-bobber1
Explorer
Explorer
That part appears to be the stock body bushing that comes installed on a Ford chassis. Most RV manufacturers do not use those and weld directly to the frame rails in place of the rubber bumpers. I worked for a manufacturer for many years and those rubber bushing would be laying around the chassis weld shop where they were suppose to be put in the trash. I am sure it just got dropped down in the frame rail by the tank and has rattled there until you found it.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found a pair of pliers under the floor under the bathroom sink in my current RV.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I vote body bushing as well. I once found a pair of vice grips clammped underneath my car. When I replaced the roof my on fiver I found some magazines of the vintage my trailer was. They were laying on top of the insulation under the roof.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

mlh
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some that are in place....

mlh
Explorer
Explorer
I thought that too but the others do not appear to be touching the body. There are a few inches of clearance. I can not find where it may have come from because they do not appear to be doing anything. They just go through the frame rail. There are two pieces. The other must have a bolt that screws into the threads on this piece. As I mentioned, I do not have the other piece. The only thing I can think of is I had it in the shop because a bolt head was starting to come out of the floor and was making a lump in the flooring. They tightened it up. I wonder if they took it loose, lost that piece and used another.

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
I too think its a bushing that holds the coach body to the frame..
Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
BTPO1 wrote:
Looks kinda like a body bushing. JMO

My thoughts exactly.

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer