cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the Oasis use engine heat to heat the water?

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
I read somewhere that the Oasis hydronic heaters use engine heat to keep the water hot when traveling. My question is exactly under what circumstances does this happen?

Does it only do this when the coach is calling for heating? Or does it also work to simply heat the water tank?

Does the hydronic circulation pump need to be working to take advantage of the engine heat?
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`
3 REPLIES 3

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
On the Dutch Star and below, the engine coolant heats your hot water via the Oasis unit while driving. Even though I don't have the diesel burner or electric burners running, my Oasis unit is turned ON before each trip. I've never checked to see if the unit heats water, via the coolant, when the system is shut down.

On the Mountainaire and above, the Oasis system can be used to warm your coolant in cold weather via an additional pump added to the Oasis system on the higher end coaches. The pump can be added to a Dutch Star for about $125.00.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
Oasis has a number of training videos and FAG's here:

http://itrheat.com/products/oasis-heating-system/
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
I am not familiar with the Oasis system; however with the AquaHot unit in our Dynasty when we arrive at our destination we have hot water. We do not have to turn any part of the unit on for this feature to operate.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad