cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where is fresh water tank drain?

dvitale62
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to locate the fresh water tank manual drain on my 2005 Jayco Greyhawk 30gs. The pump is not working and winter is coming so I really need to get the water out of it. Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

AndyW
Explorer
Explorer
I had this same problem last week. Ended up simply tracing the lines coming from the tank and using process-of-elimination. Found a valve tucked in a corner on a line coming out of the bottom of the tank. It didn't go to thte pump, so I figured this had to be the drain line. Opened it, and water started spilling out on the driveway.

My manual also had no relevant information.

chasfenwick
Explorer
Explorer
I pored over my Jayco manual this afternoon. You can't tell from the fog and generalizations whether there is or isn't a fresh water tank drain.

dvitale62
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your help, I am going out now to see if I can find it, will let you know how I make out!

MarshaNichols
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is under my kitchen sink, behind a drawer. I just open the valve and let the water drain...into a container and use it to water my plants! :C

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
When in doubt call the RV manufacturer if they're still in business, mention lack of info in generic owner's manual.

You should have a main drain spigot on outside of rig and two low point drain tubes fo hot and cold water lines that come out of the underside of the rig. There should be two small valve handles somewhere inside that need to be opened for low point drains to completely empty tank and lines. These must be fully closed completely for water system to pressurize and pump to work and shut off properly.

On our Tioga, valves are inconveniently located behind a panel on wall outside of restroom, hard to reach and hard to open and close.

chasfenwick
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2014 Jayco Melbourne 29D, and I haven't located a fresh water tank drain, either. But I haven't tried to crawl under the MH yet. Can I be sure that there IS such a drain? The Owner's Manual is a joke, since they tried to cover too many different models in one generic manual. Wish they wouldn't do that.

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Look underneath for the drain tubing then follow it inside
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
sfo1969 wrote:
on my jayco melbourne it was in the outside R/H storage compartment 2 levers fwd wall.

That sounds like the low point drains for the water lines, which is where mine are. They won't drain the fw tank because the tank is lower. If your pump was working, maybe it would work, but not without it.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

sfo1969
Explorer
Explorer
on my jayco melbourne it was in the outside R/H storage compartment 2 levers fwd wall.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is about even with the fill port, underneath. It's maybe 18" in from the side with a drain valve (one of the white plastic ones). It's real hard to miss so yours must be different.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard