cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my water tank?

tich
Explorer
Explorer
I have had my Fleetwood Excursion 39L for 10 years, and never bothered to find out where the fresh water tank is.
Now I have a leak - actually, a slow drip - which I assume is coming from the tank.It drips when the pump is on or off, and loses about a quart in 24 hours.
Does anyone know how I can get to the tank on this vehicle?
Thanks,
Tich
5 REPLIES 5

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
You need to find the exact place where the water is dripping from. Some fresh water tanks have a problem in that the overflow pipe will actually siphon water out of the tank and appear as a leak. My overflow pipe dripped water several feet away and on the opposite side of the water tank. Since I had a manual fill and vent above the tank on the wet compartment side, I just plugged the overflow several years ago to fix the problem.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Our tank is just above the valve that says fresh water drain.

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
It should have an overflow. Fill the tank until water runs from it; then it should be easy to find.
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The tanks should be nearly exactly where the dump valves are. In my coach the freshwater tank sits at floor level with the black and grey tanks on top. My coach is not your coach but it might be a good place to start looking. There should be some removable wall panels allowing VERY limited access but you might be able to find the leaking connection (hopefully) once you get access.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you think it's leaking from the tank, then the tank will be above where the leak is.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4