cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to buy valve extension

johnnydp1
Explorer
Explorer
My motorhome has 22.5 inch rear dually tires. On each tire I have a stainless steel braided valve extension piece that is 13 inch long. On one inner tire, the extender had a small leak. I want to purchase a replacement but can't find a site that sells them.

Can someone send me a link please?
12 REPLIES 12

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
Another strong vote for one piece valves and not extensions. We were having lots of problems with the extensions. We purchased Borg dually valves and have not have any more problems.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
So far my Dually valves have been there 2 weeks. no sign of leaking. Only issue is the tire store now has a "Divit" in their parking lot (They goofed and . Well it's funny now.. Was not at the time but no damage save to the asphalt)

Look good. Work good. And checking tire pressure or adding air is easier than it is on my car. Can't beat that. .No wrench needed.

These are teh "Solid valve stems" folks talk about they are custom made for your make of vehicle (proper bends and so on or so they think.. one of mine needed a bit of "Adjustment" but not a problem.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours come straight out thru holes in the in the wheel. We bought them and had them installed at a truck shop about 7 yrs ago. So far no leaks or problems.

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
My MH came from the factory with plastic like/phenolic valve stem extenders. Never had any problems or air pressure loss using them. I bought a set as spares but never needed them, they are available through WBGO.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Best money I've spent so far on one project was the solid valve stems. In 3 years running now, I haven't had to add air to my tires. Before, with the extensions, I had to add air every time before a trip. I still check the pressures and I still perform a visual inspection of the tires before every trip, but I don't worry about losing air pressure like I used to!
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's common for mfgs to have a short rubber valve stem installed the same way for all tires. When mounted on the front that stem points out so access is easy. For the inside dually that stem also points out but it's behind the outer tire. Then for the outer dually the stem points in. Hence access to both duallys is more restricted.

So to correct that situation they install less reliable extensions at your cost.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Extrenders... any truck stop will have 'em

Recommendation (This takes a tire stop to install) DUALLY VALVES Google 'em

I just put those on my Duals.. WelL Belle Tire put 'em on.

Oh man are they nice. and this is not an "Extension" but a new valve stem.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
BORG DUALLY VALVE

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
I have solid valve extension that extend straight out through the hole in the out side wheel . Never had one leak. Can get them at most truck tire dealers
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
X3. Ditch the hoses and get the Borg dually valves.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ditto CA Trav. Nothing but trouble. I've had them leak and the rivets pull out of the hub and flail around.

What you want is long tire valves. Any truck tire place can install them.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't recommend extensions because they are more prone to leak as you found out. Instead install a dually valve kit like the Borg dual steel valves. Yes it will cost more.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob