cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find white paint for the exterior side ?

HelloImDavid
Explorer
Explorer
Cant remember the specific name of the material used on my Coachman Freedom Express Class C, but its the white fiber board material. I was involved in a minor accident recently, and need some spray paint in a can for it.

Cant find it at Camping World. Where do u go for this ? Thanks. I want spray and not touchup paint in a tiny bottle.
10 REPLIES 10

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
If ypu have a broken part that you can take to any automotive paint dealer, most have color spectrum analyzer and they can mix what you need. It is a free service every time I have used it.

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
My 2008 Coachmen Freedom Express has Azdel(TM) walls.

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
I can tell from the questions you ask that you are gonne b very disappointed with the out come of this paint job.. it is very important to use compatible paint ,,the manufacture used a brand of jel-coat to achieve the finish and color of your unit. Do you know what to do with the overspray you will have on the surrounding surface...do you know how to prep the area you want to paint, does your unit have a coat of clear coat poly-urethane applied over the jel-coat. you must consider all of the things before you even purchase the paint to be used...I painted trucks for years and let me tell you a good job that will last for a while aint cheap or easy to achieve...do your home work and ask questions on here before you start..Poly paint is a two part paint which means you will have to purchase the base paint and the catalyst or hardener
. you can take your unit to Sherwin Williams and they can site match the paint...the paint \you purchase at the box stores including the raddle cans wont work. They can also tell you the formula to mix the poly and the shelf life...

-+

HelloImDavid
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Probably either Frilon or fiberglas. Do you want a nice or micky mouse job when your done?

Oh, I much prefer a half a_ _ job when im done ; that way it coincides with our Federal Government.

HelloImDavid
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
you can use duplicolor fleetwhite or polar white

Great. Thanks. I will git some.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Some auto paint suppliers will mix to a color code, and put your paint in a spray can for small jobs and touch ups.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably either Frilon or fiberglas. Do you want a nice or micky mouse job when your done?

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
you can use duplicolor fleetwhite or polar white

HelloImDavid
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
You will need to contact the mfg with make, yesr, model, and serial number. They should be able to give you the paint code. From there you should be able to go to an auto paint store and get a pint mixed up. From there your going to either have to learn how to spray paint or hire someone to paint it for you.

I guess it would use paint for plastics , so, im wondering how close it would come if I tried a couple different white spray cans from walmart designated for plastics ? I could spray some of each on some plastic I have laying around.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will need to contact the mfg with make, year, model, and serial number. They should be able to give you the paint code. From there you should be able to go to an auto paint store and get a pint mixed up. From there your going to either have to learn how to spray paint or hire someone to paint it for you.