cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wind Noise

Sourdough_Biscu
Explorer
Explorer
We're new class A owners. (34' Winnebago Sightseer, gas)

DW is concerned by the amount of wind noise (from windshield) at highway speeds. we didn't experience this on our class C.

Normal? Or, what's your experience?

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I have never had windshield noise but some times the sliding side windows make wind noise.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Sourdough_Biscu
Explorer
Explorer
Turns out one of the drain covers was missing. we'll see tomorrow how big of a difference it makes.

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Winnebago Sightseers did not have any wind noise Boughat a Hurricane and the wind noise from the passenger sliding window was deafening. Had to put an ear plug in....finally caulked around the window frame. Big gaps. Helped but didn't
Take care of the problem all the way.

Fishbreath
Explorer II
Explorer II
I second checking the passenger and driver's window drains. The covers should be over each hole. Mine came off several times. I finally glued them on. Very quiet now!

Bill

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Sourdough Biscuits wrote:
At the dealership in Marysville with a list of a dozen or so small fixes after a ten day shakedown cruise. Some are pretty petty, but since it's a BRAND NEW we're making them fix it.
Yes Sir, I would have every little thing fixed! I also bought my Winnebago at Roy Robinson good people to work with IMHO!

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check your front window drain slots at the bottom of the windows. There should be a cover that goes over those slots. If the covers are not there, they will whistle. These are cheap and available online or at some RV stores.

Sourdough_Biscu
Explorer
Explorer
At the dealership in Marysville with a list of a dozen or so small fixes after a ten day shakedown cruise. Some are pretty petty, but since it's a BRAND NEW we're making them fix it.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a Winnebago Owner who does not get the noise your experiencing! Actually doesn't sound right to me (not normal). Sure has been a lot of complaints about the newer Winnebagos lately! I was thinking of buying a new Winnebago Adventurer or Journey and I'm just going to wait.