cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windshield gasket

Nascarcruzin
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone on here had to buy a new windshield gasket for their Class A recently? I am having a windshield put in my 99 Holiday Rambler Imperial (passenger side) and the gasket is bad so I am replacing it too. The company that is replacing the windshield has quoted me around $250.00 for the gasket and thinking that was kinda high I called HR for a price and they quoted me almost $600.00! Really?

Ronnie & Rebecca

Soddy Daisy, TN
Full-timing since 2004
Check out our adventures:
North to Alaska 2011

Travel Journal Enter the password - 12345
2008 Alaskan adventure
2009 Northeast coast and Canadian Maritimes

1999 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40WDS
FMCA #388387
6 REPLIES 6

fivejackie
Explorer
Explorer
Thor wouldn't approve of replacing the gasket on our new 2115 Hurricane. They had the dealer fill in the gaps with sealer. That should last long enough to get it out of warranty.
Don and Jackie
2115 Hurricane 27K
2113 Redhawk
1992 Pace Arrow

PF_PM
Explorer
Explorer
We had three people try to reset the windshield in the new gasket with no success. Finally took the unit to Duncan Industries in Elkhart IN. They discovered a problem with the front cap (Newmar wouldn't deal with us) repaired the cap and reset using new gasket and one new glass for 2000.00 . Newmar finally paid half because Duncan was able to prove defect.
2005 Newmar 34' Kountry Star, 8.1L W22, Blue Ox 10K, Honda Pilot, Bijon Shitzu (Sassy) dash dog. Nine Provinces, Two Territories, 47 States, Northern Mexico... so far..

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
My windshield gasket was under $200.00 Your windshield is going to be difficult to keep in place when installing because it is very curved.

glamisorbust
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's a good price. Labor is a killer on that. And they take zero liability on breaking your window. I called around, and it was between $800-1000 to replace just the gasket on my 99 HR endeavor. They say the labor is a killer on that. And again, if they drop or break your glass, it's your problem.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38'. Cummins ISB 275, allison 3060.
Toys pulled: 22x8.5 open deck PJ flatbed. 5200# axles. Sand car with ecotec engine. Multiple 1980's ATC's(3 wheelers). We're duners!

PF_PM
Explorer
Explorer
Our new gasket from Newmar was 176.00
2005 Newmar 34' Kountry Star, 8.1L W22, Blue Ox 10K, Honda Pilot, Bijon Shitzu (Sassy) dash dog. Nine Provinces, Two Territories, 47 States, Northern Mexico... so far..

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
My 99 was about that a few years back. Don't remember the exact price. $250 seems a good price.