cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windshield Replacement

Dutch_Master
Explorer
Explorer
While traveling on I-10 East from Foley, Alabama to Pensacola, FL, a rock flew up and cracked my windshield on my 2010 Newmar Dutch Air. Since I was going to attend the Tampa Bay RV Super Show, I decided to get the windshield replaced in the Tampa Bay area. I did a Google search for โ€œRV Windshield Replacement, Tampa Bay, FLโ€ to find out who could do the work. The Google results came back with RV Glass Solutions, LazyDays, Duncan, and Intermountain Auto Glass. Along with several others. On each of the respective web site, I fill out a request for a quote and timing. I did not receive anything back from Duncan or Lazydays. However, within minutes of sending the email to Intemoutain Auto Glass, I received back an email with a price and timing. I finally did receive a call from RV Glass Solutions two days later. Not only did Intermountain Auto Glass (phone number: (208) 376-4455, URL: Windshield Repair - InterMountain Auto Glass - Boise, Idaho, Wyoming, Eastern Oregon), they were the lowest cost over Duncan. I had emailed them that I was using an insurance claim (i.e. Geico). They state that they have worked with Geico on several RV windshield replacements and would not pose a problem. I placed my order with them, with an initial deposit and was told via phone call follow up that the windshield would be ordered and would arrive Tampa Bay area in around five business days. About three days from my order, I received a call from the local contractor โ€“ Don at D&K Enterprises (phone: 727-560-2200) asking where he could do the work. Again I was notified by Intermountain that the glass had shipped to Tampa Bay. Don contacted me as to the date for installation. Don called me the morning of agreed installation date, stating that he will arrive at the RV Park where I was located at 11AM. He arrived sharply at the stated time. I carefully watched Don and his assistant during installation. In my opinion, Don did an excellent installation, paying meticulous details of removing the old molding, windshield, and sealant/caulk. Installation of the new windshield, sealant, molding, and additional sealant around the molding was done in a manner that showed his experience โ€“ he has been installing RV windshields for the last 17 years. Don stated that โ€œI install customerโ€™s windshields like it was my own coach.โ€ If you are in the Florida area and need a windshield replacement for your motorcoach, I would highly recommend the excellent service of Intermountain Auto Glass and outstanding installation using Don @ D&K Enterprises, you will not be disappointed. Forget the others!

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire, ISL 425HP, 2014 Chevy Captiva
6 REPLIES 6

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
I have had one windshield replaced and not a big event, just money. I do keep a ding repair kit with me all the time to repair as soon as possible. Had about six uses for it in going to Alaska and back last summer. Quick repairs are helpful

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don installed my windshield in Seminole, FL, which is just across the bay from Tampa and is actually in Don's home area. He did a great job but in my case RV Glass Solutions handled all of the paperwork. As mentioned, Florida has "zero deductible" for windshield replacement so I had no out of pocket expense and RV Glass solutions handled all of the paperwork with my insurance company.
Basically it is all about who actually does the work since the windshields are all made by one company and shipped to many sub-contractors. Don does great work.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Very good report!

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad it turned out ok. I called my insurance who had the glass from Duncan in two days.
Had a local company do it. In Florida there is a no deductible law.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
On a former MH I had a windshield replaced. My insurance took care of everything including finding the glass company near me and all the arrangements. No problems for me to deal with.

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
nice to read such a positive post
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker