cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windshield Sunshades??

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
Do they make an easy to install sunshield for the windshield that will not only block out the sun rays/heat, but will allow you to see out thru it? If so, what brand do you recommend and where to buy. Also, approximately what is the cost? Thanks
Brian
19 REPLIES 19

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Magnashade. This pic was taken right after removed from box.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
DO NOT GET SUNSHADES WITH PUSH ON SNAPS. ROYAL PAIN TO INSTALL, other than that they are great. :S
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

NeverHome2
Explorer
Explorer
mpierce wrote:
Magnashade! Magnetic mount. On the outside, so stops more heat than an inside mounted one.

Agree with this. The shade on the outside stops the sun/heat from being magnified by the glass. We love our Magnashade!
Lovin' Life!!!!

2005 HR Endeavor

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
With MS, you get what you pay for...I just got six tire covers.
2014 American Eagle

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Magnashade works for us - quick and easy to put up, easy to store and looks good.
Worth the price which we thought was reasonable. Company was also good to deal with when we felt one side window shade did not fit well. Turned out they supplied a Chev. side window shade instead of a Ford. Lots of apologies. Would definitely buy them again.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
Magnashade! Magnetic mount. On the outside, so stops more heat than an inside mounted one.

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jayco-noslide wrote:
My wife has 1 for us. Always in the way. Big waste of time, money, space and unnecessary.

Just curious as to how it's in the way??? The windshield is kind of a dead space as far as accessing stuff is concerned.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has 1 for us. Always in the way. Big waste of time, money, space and unnecessary.
Jayco-noslide

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
Magne Shade is the hot setup but waaay to expensive. (overpriced).
Most of us already have shades that we have to do the ladder and twist lock routine in order to install. So with all that I have modified mine by having pockets sewn on for holding a mounting stick, rod, handle or whatever as well as sewing neodymium magnets in to pockets at the proper places to support the screens across their top. Use super glue to mount magnets inside the windows and/ or windshield in the corresponding locations. Magnets are not necessarily needed along the bottom of the screens as we are using our old setup with the twist locks which in most cases if not all are accessible from the ground. I use an old broom handle that I turned the end down on for placing the screen on the magnets. As for magnets they are available all over the internet in every size shape thickness and power you may want. Be careful when you get them and play with them. They will slam together when you least expect it and they'll take the meat off your fingers to the bone.
jwmII

FrontRangeRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed the Black 94% Sunguards on my new Winnie. I like the snaps as you can install it nice and tight. I had the Prompts on my old Class A, and they looked like an afterthought, and the material isn't nearly as good as the Sunguards.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
SOLD 2006 Winnebago Voyage 35A (was a GREAT unit)

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have MCD shades for the inside that do a great job either moderating the sun or completely blocking it if so desired.

However, no inside shade will stop the heat radiation as well as an outside mesh. Not even close, so this is something you might take into consideration.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, double post.
2014 American Eagle

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
kedanie wrote:
Magneshade!

Eazy Peazy. No ladders.

Keith

Yes, and great service. I just received six of their new tire shades.
2014 American Eagle

subtroll
Explorer
Explorer
Magnashade!!!

We've enjoyed ours for several years and continue to receive complements and requests where to get one.

Great company to deal with.
2004 National Tropi-cal Sterling 396
2003 Jeep Liberty