cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WINNEBAGO 25B trade for Jayco Greyhawk 30Z - good or bad move?

Carolthepc
Explorer
Explorer

I am considering trading my 2019 Winnebago 25B for a Jayco Greyhawk 30Z. Looking for feedback. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

Also, if it applies ,  no rear ladder to access roof , due to rear slide .

personally, i dont like bedroom slides where my head sticks out beyond the rv wall.  If overnighting in a truck stop and some overtired driver misjudges distance and bangs into that slide, you can kiss your head good-bye.   Slideouts have absolutely NO structure to them.  Very thin walls.  

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

Distance from rear axle to rear bumper is long.  You will experience tail swing.   

Make sure that floorplan is useable with the slides in.  Just in case of failure.  

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

I don't know much about either of these specific units, but Winnebago is a bit further up the food chain than Jayco.  Not to offend any Jayco owners but I would expect fit and finish and overall quality to be better in the Winnie. Jayco is also now owned by Thor - again not known for their quality.  

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

wheel base to length is considered ideal at 55%. If it is lower than that it is often fatiguing to drive, and as already mentioned a LOT of tail swing. I went from a 26' to a 27'8". I had four tale swing incidents in 2 years.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.