cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago View GFI

coloradotallman
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 2007 Winnebago View 23B - the bunk bed model and now notice that the kitchen and bathroom 120 volt outlets don't work.
This would prompt me to check the GFI because of the wet locations, but I honestly cannot find one. Any View owners out there know where I should check further? Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

coloradotallman
Explorer
Explorer
Found it! The diagram had said Refrigerator-GFI and I kept going back to the exterior plufg for the fridge. Well, in fact, that receptacle was OVER the refrigerator on a shelf intended for a second TV that we would have never placed up there and that I would have never looked for. Thanks again.

coloradotallman
Explorer
Explorer
Charles, thanks - and everybody else. Unfortunately I went down to storage and checked the fridge plug on the exterior and still no GFCI. I've built homes over the years so I feel I know what I'm looking for on an outlet. Maybe this weekend I will have more time to bring it home and give it a better look. This certainly seems to be what I need to find.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Open the refrigerator panel on the outside, find the receptacle the fridge is plugged into. It is the first in this circuit, it is the GFCI according to the wiring diagrams.

Pay attention to the front of the fridge, it is probably running on gas right now, due to no 120V to it.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2007/07_523b_wire_159090.pdf

Very first breaker next to the main, it serves the fridge first (GFCI) then the exterior receptacle, then the galley and lastly the lavatory.

Flag note one next to the fridge recpt says this and everything downstream is GFCI protected, and the fridge breaker is identified in the drawing as RCP-GF1

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

F1bNorm
Explorer
Explorer
We have a '06 Winn Aspect, so maybe the setup is similar. Two GFI lessons I learned: First lesson, only one GFI protects/ controls all the AC outlets in the MH. Ours is in the bathroom. Lesson two, it won't reset unless it is connected to AC. So either you need to be plugged in or the generator has to be running.

Norm
F1BNorm

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
The GFCI would be either built into the breaker (which seems not to be common in RVs; I guess GFCI breakers are more expensive than a normal breaker + a GFCI outlet) or the first outlet electrically speaking in the circuit.

Possibly it's the outlet that the fridge plugs into? Possibly it's an outlet for a built-in TV? If you have some outlet in an outside compartment, perhaps its there? Murphey would say that it's the least easily accessible outlet in the whole RV....

rekoj71
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry not familiar with your model, but might check the circuit breaker panel itself. Sometimes a circuit breaker will have that capability. It usually has a yellow or white small extra button on it for the test button and you reset it like a normal circuit breaker to reset it.

It might be a good idea to check the breaker panel anyhow as those are usually on the same circuit and maybe the breaker just popped.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is in the bath next to the sink.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
Man I would love to help you out but those GFI are a mystery to me. You might have one on the outside plug that might be the culprit .