cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winterizing dishwasher and washer/dryer combo?

NorthOrSouth
Explorer
Explorer
I've drained and then blown out the lines on our 92 Monaco Crown Royale and I'm 100% sure the tanks and water heater are clear, but I'm not sure what to do about the dishwasher or washer/dryer unit. How does one make sure that there is no water in them that will freeze over winter (it goes to -40 here in winter).
5 REPLIES 5

NorthOrSouth
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks jtfcons and BB_TX! Will do.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
You can blow out those lines by running first with cold water setting then with hot. But afterward you need pour antifreeze in the tub and run again so it will pump the antifreeze into the drain trap.

jtfcons
Explorer
Explorer
NorthOrSouth wrote:
Yeah, I was trying to stay away from antifreeze by blowing out the lines. Don't like the taste of the lines in spring.

I'm with you on this one. What I do with washer/dryer is hook up the air line as you are already doing and run the unit through a cycle. I select warm/warm water temp to insure both water lines are involved. I hear air flowing when the cycle is going. I also pour a cup or so of AF in the tub to protect the pump before starting the cycle. It's worked for me for 10+ years. I don't have a dishwasher but the principle is the same I think.
John & Sharon, 2 Daughters, 2 Sons-in-law, 5 GK, 1GGK
Rat Terriers (Twiggy, Annie)
1997 HR Imp., 38CDS, 1 Slide
325 Cummins C8.3Mech., MD3060, EBw/Coast.Sw.,
Toad-2003 GMC Envoy 4X4, Excallibar TB, Pressure Pro TPMS, Henderson Mot. Ctrl. Units

NorthOrSouth
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I was trying to stay away from antifreeze by blowing out the lines. Don't like the taste of the lines in spring.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rv anrifreeze. Pump it thru the lines, then start a cycle in each. Once the tub has pink stuff, you can cancel the cycle. In the spring you can pump fresh water thru the system and you will be ready to go.