cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Won't Move even in gear

MrsLJesuslover
Explorer
Explorer
Hi again. So power is all set on rv. It goes into drive (has push button gear pad) but nothing happens when I press the throttle. Not even any sound
11 REPLIES 11

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
daverl3 wrote:
It has been awhile since you posted. I hope you have resolved the issue, however; when I experi ended those symptoms, it turned out to be frozen emergency brakes. (I tried the forward/reverse thing and tore the rear end out.) Do not try to over power frozen brakes!

But when you encountered this problem, din't you hear the engine trying to move the coach?
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

daverl3
Explorer
Explorer
It has been awhile since you posted. I hope you have resolved the issue, however; when I experi ended those symptoms, it turned out to be frozen emergency brakes. (I tried the forward/reverse thing and tore the rear end out.) Do not try to over power frozen brakes!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not even a sound... Does the engine speed increase (That would make a sound) or does it remain static?

If it remains static you have a failure to communmicate (As the famous line in the movie goes) likely an failed accelerator (Throttle) sender unit, but other (Chewed wires) are possible.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
MrsLJesuslover wrote:
Not even any sound

Can you hear the engine running ??
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming you have released the emergency brake, when you put the engine in gear (Allison shift pad goes from N to 6) if the rear brake shoes are rusted to the drum (CAN happen) you would see the engine RPM increase (torque converter slipping), but would not move.

Try putting it in D and then R. If still will not move, you will to free the brake shoes. Sometimes giving the brake drums a sharp, light rap will free them.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Fiverwheel wrote:
How long has your Windsor been sitting there? Could your emergency brake be frozen in place?

Wouldn't he hear the engine rev up?

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
MrsLJesuslover wrote:
Hi again. So power is all set on rv. It goes into drive (has push button gear pad) but nothing happens when I press the throttle. Not even any sound

Many of the cummins will not respond to throttle inputs until the engine is warmed up.

Fiverwheel
Explorer
Explorer
How long has your Windsor been sitting there? Could your emergency brake be frozen in place?
2006 34' Monaco Cayman

1SG
Explorer
Explorer
If it has a throttle position sensor it could have gone bad. It happened on a brand new 2000 Freightliner truck of ours.

I don't know of anyway to check that without plugging it into a diagnostic computer.
Good Luck
Paul
Paul & Sandy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
'56 Ford Customline Victoria
'62 Chevy Impala SS 409/4spd
U.S. Army Retired
Cloverdale, OR

MrsLJesuslover
Explorer
Explorer
It is a class A, Monoco Windsor, 1998, Cummins engi e, Allison transmission

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if it wouldn't help if you described what brand, model, and engine you are talking about in your motor home?
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"