RV Cooking
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Breakfast on a stick!

RV'ing Eggs on a Stick!All you do is put 2 eggs in the Rollie... it cooks it in a cylinder and all you do is insert a stick!No big breakfast clean up for the RV.http://www.cnet.com/8301-13553_1-57575229-32/rollie-eggmaster-makes-eggs-on-a-stick/

Mothers' Day Lunch

My husband fixed an awesome lunch for me today - BBQ pork ribs with roasted corn, green salad and home made beer bread. It was fantastic and he even cleaned up the mess - how about you, what did you do for this special day?

Shortie3 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hardwood cooking chunks

Went to buy Oak cooking chunks for the smoker and none foundPlenty of other flavors.Wally World, Home depot and Lowe`s.None had an answer why they are not available this year. Anybody know?Thanks E.P.

Can we talk about LIMA BEANS, please

We lightly steamed a frozen package of baby limas last night.Not good. Not mushy but tasted old or off at bit. Beans were not a uniform size and different shades of green.This was a store brand, not one of the biggie brands. Can you recommend a go...

Noel by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

Turnips

The older I get the more my food tastes change. I have recently rediscovered turnips. Tasty, but dang it all. They take forever to cook the way my mother does it down south. Seems there wouldn't be a vitamin left in them. Wondering how y'all do yo...

Potato Corn Cakes

I've been hungry for potato cakes like my mom used to make with leftover mashed potatoes. I've also been hungry for corn fritters. Found this recipe -- it's good. I bet they'd be good fried in a cast iron skillet over the fire.2 cups Idaho potato ...

raindove by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Deviled Egg Recipes

All that talk of deviled eggs in the Hard Boiling Fresh Eggs thread got me thinking, what's your Deviled Egg Recipe?

WW Recipes That Can Be Frozen

Going to Alaska this summer and would love to have some "tried and true" Weight Watcher recipes that can be made ahead and frozen flat in Zip Lock bags. Have thought of tortilla and taco soups, taco meat, Creole Turkey Cutlets, and pasta sauce. I h...

Help! Soy allergies, how do you cook?

I only recently was told that I am allergic to soy. I will spare you the symptoms, but I am highly motivated to trying to avoid soy. We don't eat much pre-fab food anymore, but I notice that every darned thing we pick up at the grocery store has so...

CA_POPPY by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Corn chowder recipes

I have a friend who is home from the hospital after major surgery. I am going to take her some food and have decided on a chicken casserole and a pineapple upside cake. However, I know she loves corn, so I was thinking about also making a corn chowd...

LindaAnn by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Lodge Sportsman Grill

Charcoal GrillHave been using this for a few weeks. If anyone is interested in a great, smallish, charcoal, cast iron, Hibachi type, grill-this is a great price(free S&H,too).It is cast iron. It gets really hot and stays hot for hours, on one chimney...

Go_Dogs by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggestions for Quick Dinner for Tonight ?

I will be at a local campground on the fraser river tonight for a fire, i need to provide dinner for 5 adults(unfortunately i wont have my trailer with me)...What are some quick ideas that dont require a tonne of prep or condiments to be packed with ...

Sausage & Pepper Medley

Sausage and Pepper MedleySuper easy and tasty. We usually serve it over brown rice, but it's also great over couscous or quinoa.