cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bean Recipe

paula_b
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I know somebody has to have the recipe for a baked bean recipe I got from here done in a crockpot I think. It was similar to Roosevelt Beans but if I remember correctly it had bell pepper in it and more ingredients than the Roosevelt Beans. They were really good. Thought I copied off the recipe but can't find it.

The Recipe Archives turned out to be a Not Found File. Wish it was still available.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

paula_b
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. It was the Calico Bean recipe I was looking for. However all the recipes sound good. I just might make the Hawaiian Baked Beans now!

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
From me: My mom used to make "Hawaiian" Baked Beans. Bacon, onion, beans, brown sugar, ketsup and a small can of drained crushed pineapple. The ingredients can be varied to taste, for example I don't like as much onion. You also don't need as much brown sugar since the pineapple adds sweetness. You can prepare in a skillet or baked. She always got compliments and they were requested at pot luck dinners. If I had to guess at the measures, I would say 2 cans beans, 1/2 lb bacon, 1 small onion, 1/2 c brown sugar, 1/4 c catsup and the small can of pineapple. Brown the bacon, saute onion, drain off excess fat. Add other ingredients, simmer for 1/2 hour or bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
COWBOY BAKED BEANS:

1 Lb ground chuck
l med. bell pepper, chopped
3 cans pork & beans
1 sm onion, diced
l/2 c. brown sugar
Dash of pepper
l/2 c ketchup
Dash of garlic salt
l/2 c.BBQ sauce
2 T mustard
4 T syrup (pancake)
6 slices bacon

Brown ground beef in large skillet with bell papper and onions. Drain. Mix all other ingredients (except bacon) together in large baking dish. Add ground beef, pepper and onions to mixture. Stir well. Top with bacon strips. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes at 350.
Lonny & Diane
Semper Fi

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
not for crock pot but:
Here's a recipe for some of the best baked beans you ever ate. If you bake these in the oven, use a couple teaspoons of liquid smoke.

WICKED BAKED BEANS
(Beans that will even make Chili Heads happy)

6-8 strips of bacon cut into 1/2 inch squares
1/2 Medium onion, diced
1/2 Bell pepper, diced
1 - 2 Jalapeรฑo Peppers, diced (seeding is optional)
2-28 ounce cans Bushโ€™s Baked Beans (original)
1-20 ounce can of pineapple chunks, drained
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 Cup ketchup
1 Tbs. dry (ground) mustard

Sautรฉ bacon pieces in fry pan until crispy and remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Sautรฉ onion, bell pepper and jalapeรฑo pepper until tender.

In a large mixing bowl combine beans, pineapple, brown sugar, ketchup and dry mustard. Stir in bacon pieces and vegetables. Pour into a 12X9 or a deep 9X9 aluminum baking pan.

Place in a 220-250ยฐ smoker for 2 1/2 โ€“ 3 hours (make sure temperature of the baked beans reaches 160ยฐ ) or place in a 350ยฐ oven and bake for 1 hour.

NOTE: If you are making these beans as a side dish for Kansas City style pork ribs, smoke the removed skirt meat for 1-1 1/2 hours, then dice the skirt meat and stir into the Baked Beans.
Lonny & Diane
Semper Fi

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Used the forum search mode and found these results
Baked Beans Crockpot search
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus