cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crock Pot Pulled Pork

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
My file of crock pot recipes has disappeared (hopefully only temporarily). I need an easy, few ingredient recipe for pulled pork to be served on hamburger buns.

Do you have a favorite recipe you would be willing to share.
The recipe I used to use had onions, and ingredients that came together into a bbq sauce. It was not too spicy or too sweet, but very flavorful.

Your suggestions will be appreciated.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)
19 REPLIES 19

Fire19
Explorer
Explorer
1 pork butt or shoulder
1 20 oz bottle of Coke
1 tablespoon of Liquid Smoke
McCormick Pork Dry rub
1 diced onion.

Rub Pork Butt or shoulder with Dry rub the night before let set in refrigerator. In the morning cut up onion and place pork butt or shoulder and onion in crock pot pour the bottle of coke in the crock pot turn on low for 8-10 hours. After cooked warm up your favorite barbecue sauce and mix in after you have pulled the pork.
2000 Ford F-350 Dually Crew Cab
2002 Gulfstream Seahawk 29FKS
1998 GL1500SE

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
^ beat me to it. dr pepper also works well. will be trying cherry coke next
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Root Beer.

Sounds crazy but works great. Pork shoulder in cooker, pour in a bunch of root beer. Cook as long as you like. Pour out rootbeer, add half a bottle of Sweet Baby Rays, give it another half hour, then pull!

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp crushed red pepper, 1 tsp black pepper mixed together and poured over roast. Cook 10 to 12 hours on low

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I used to use a recipe that used a number of different seasonings mixed together for pretty darn good pulled pork in a slow cooker. Then I got lazy and just started using Campbell's pulled pork seasoning in a bag. For me, it comes out just a good as mixing all the seasonings together. I am sure a purist would not think so.

If I get overly industrious, I may fire up the smoker and put the pork on the smoker for an hour or so after it has mostly finished cooking in the slow cooker.