Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pellet Grill?

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Pellet Grill

I got an e-mail ad for this grill from Camp Chef. $700 on sale. This is a grill that uses wood pellets. It also requires electricity to run controls. It does not appear that you can use any other fuel. I didn't notice the cost of the pellets. This particular grill looked very well-made, not easily portable. It might be a good idea for a very serious backyard chef, as you can do low/slow for a long time. I don't think I could justify such a purchase but I would be interested in checking one out in person. Any one here have one?
6 REPLIES 6

ratherBcampin
Explorer
Explorer
My boss bought a pellet grill for the restaurant I work in.....We liked it so much that he bought a second one! We have the best ribs and tri-tip in the county!!!!!!!
I don't like to brag, but I can still fit into the same pair of ear rings that I wore in high school!!!!

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
That chicken looks wonderful. I'll bring dessert!

papa_peter
Explorer
Explorer
I just started taking my Traeger PTG on the road. Did extensive tests with the PTG at home before hitting the road. I have a MAK 2 Star pellet grill for home use. Here's a few shots of the PTG in action cooking a half chicken

2013 Tiffin Allegro RED 33AA - 2012 Jeep Limited Jet Liberty

82corvette
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Traeger Lil Tex Elite pellet grill & love it. You can smoke meat on it or sear steaks & burgers. Pellets run about 12 bucks for a 20 pound bag and last really well. They come in several flavors also. I love doing briskets on mine. Traeger also make a portable model called a PTG check them out at www.traegergrills.com

GrumpyGator
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have that brand of pellet grill, but I do have another brand. I have a Green Mountain Grill.

Pellet grills are not cheap, nor are most of them small enough to be portable.

As far as being a good grill, I love mine. It can be used for low and slow or regular grilling like a gas grill... with real wood flavor. Pellets aren't cheap either, but not much more expensive than charcoal. I buy pellets by the pallet, so it saves there too.
2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
this was discussed a while back but I don't remember the name. seems like an expensive toy, not practical for an RV.
bumpy