cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Simple Cast Iron Question...I hope

WI_Bowhunter
Explorer
Explorer
Can I store a newly seasoned cast iron pan in a plastic bag to keep it clean and dust free in my camper? I am also trying to keep the pan from getting the camper dirty as well once I start using it on the fire.
Keep the Shiny Side Up!;)

2011 F150 Supercrew, 4X4 3.5 Ecoboost, 145" wheelbase, 3.73 gears, Max trailer Tow package

2014 Puma 30DBSS
Equali-I-Zer WD Hitch

3 kids and 1 DW
17 REPLIES 17

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
WI Bowhunter wrote:
brirene wrote:
I don't see any reason why you can't use a plastic bag. Even better, I use the canvas storage bags made for the purpose. Lodge, Cabelas, Bass Pro all carry them.

I was unaware of this...I am now headed to Cabelas web site to check it out. Thanks!

As I reread your post I see your referring to pans. I was thinking Dutch Ovens, for which there are the carry cases. Sorry, didn't mean to mislead you. I use a pillow case for my pans. I'm not aware of any commercial cases for pans.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

WI_Bowhunter
Explorer
Explorer
brirene wrote:
I don't see any reason why you can't use a plastic bag. Even better, I use the canvas storage bags made for the purpose. Lodge, Cabelas, Bass Pro all carry them.

I was unaware of this...I am now headed to Cabelas web site to check it out. Thanks!
Keep the Shiny Side Up!;)

2011 F150 Supercrew, 4X4 3.5 Ecoboost, 145" wheelbase, 3.73 gears, Max trailer Tow package

2014 Puma 30DBSS
Equali-I-Zer WD Hitch

3 kids and 1 DW

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard