Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volcano Grill

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone have any experience with the Volcano Grill? clicky
Pretty interested in getting one, but a bit concerned about the price versus the capabilities. Don't want the 3 with the propane, just the 2 and maybe the cover/lid. (we are getting into dutch oven cooking). Warranty pretty good? Quality? Where's the best deal? Company says Good Sam carries them, but can't find any info on their site. What's the major flaws/downsides?

Thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
18 REPLIES 18

Laman
Explorer
Explorer
I have had a Volcano for 3 years and will buy another when this one wears out. It gets almost daily use when camping and it is the 3 fuel model with the Kevlar cover. I love the folding aspect making it very easy to store and so it takes up little room. I have grilled, slow smoked, and cooked with a DO and used the propane to cooked skillet items outside or for a fast grilling when time is short.
1998 American Eagle 40' EVS, 2011 Ford Edge, Falcon 2 tow bar
DW and 2 DD's

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations on becoming a Cast Iron Chef! hope to see you at a Dutch Oven Gathering. One of forum members here owns several and has high praises for it. I went a little cheaper with a multitasking Smokey Joe Weber grill.

I remove the grate, set the DO inside piled with coals, put the grill lid on, open the vent and let it go. The kettle grill keeps the chilly winds from slowing the cooking times in cold weather plus I can use it as a normal grill when the dutch oven doesn't need it.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Don't have and never used one yet I too am intrigued. My only current concern is the lack of a metal cover. I like to grill but also roast on a grill and a quality cover is a part of the process.

shane772
Explorer
Explorer
We have one and love it. We bought the 3 fuel and have used coal and propane. We have the lid also. Would buy again. Bought ours on Ebay.