cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Apache Junction, AZ Internet

johnnyg08
Explorer
Explorer
What other options besides Dish and Jabba exist for communities in Apache?

We currently use Jabba and it's awful. In fact awful would be a compliment.

What options exist. We'd like to avoid cell phone data plans if at all possible.
6 REPLIES 6

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, our park is hard wired underground to each lot. I suppose that was put in years and years ago. Up to each lot owner if they want to connect with Mediacom. If your park does not have that infrastructure, I imagine it would be costly to install.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

johnnyg08
Explorer
Explorer
Janss wrote:
We use Mediacom in AJ for internet and cable TV. Probably not any cheaper than any other provider.

I'm looking for the best option. Not necessarily the cheapest option.

We have a park of over 1,000 units.

Of those, I'm guessing a large portion of those are using either Dish or Jabba.

But most of us are being forced to use our cell phone's data plan.

I feel like a hard wired option will be the best option...but I don't know if that's even a thing in our park.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
We use Mediacom in AJ for internet and cable TV. Probably not any cheaper than any other provider.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

johnnyg08
Explorer
Explorer
ItsyRV wrote:
Depends on where in AJ you're located. Parts have both Cox and Centurylink, others may only have Centurylink. Some areas have smaller alternative providers. You have all the fixed location wireless providers like Viasat and there are the mobile carriers if you have a good signal.

For heavy users, Centurylink or Cox are the two dominate providers, but as you know, AJ in on the edge so some areas can be metro built up and others in the sticks as far as what's available. Sometimes it just comes down to which side of the street you're located..

Lots of people in our community use Jabba, but they use it because it seems to be the only alternative to Dish.

For what Jabba charges, it's awful. And awful is a compliment.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on where in AJ you're located. Parts have both Cox and Centurylink, others may only have Centurylink. Some areas have smaller alternative providers. You have all the fixed location wireless providers like Viasat and there are the mobile carriers if you have a good signal.

For heavy users, Centurylink or Cox are the two dominate providers, but as you know, AJ in on the edge so some areas can be metro built up and others in the sticks as far as what's available. Sometimes it just comes down to which side of the street you're located..
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
We used Century Link. It was OK.