cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canada WIFI -- Mobley -- a few weeks.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I have the AT&T unlimited Mobley hotspot and it works VERY well in the USA. My works requires me to be on line about 2 to 3 hours a day.

Next spring I will be in Canada for a few weeks -- Lake Louise, Banff, and Jasper . I understand the Mobley is only good in the USA. What is the best way to get internet service in Canada for a few weeks.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
7 REPLIES 7

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
cmcdar wrote:
AT&T Mobley did NOT work for us in Canada.

We were just across Lake Erie and could SEE BUFFALO.

What unit were you using on your way thru Canada?

ATT Unlimited+ and MIFI hotspots.
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
I would hate to see that cell phone bill if you turn on International Data Roaming! Yikes! I suggest you give AT&T a call before you try that as it could cost you hundreds of dollars.

I agree, Bill! As I said, I don't know what AT&T's Canada data service charges are. But as you said, call them first. If it's not too unreasonable for the relatively short time he'll be there and the amount of data he'll need, or if his employer will pay for it...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would hate to see that cell phone bill if you turn on International Data Roaming! Yikes! I suggest you give AT&T a call before you try that as it could cost you hundreds of dollars.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
You could try enabling "International Data Roaming" on the Mobley WiFi Manager pages under "Network". I don't know what the charges for Canada are though.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi TenOC

T-Mobile has identical coverage to the "big three" cell companies in Canada. It is unlimited data in Canada. Get a "no contract" plan. You may wish to check out Metro PCS as well.

Give the route there may be areas that have no cell phone service.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
AT&T Mobley did NOT work for us in Canada.

We were just across Lake Erie and could SEE BUFFALO.

What unit were you using on your way thru Canada?
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
ATT worked well for us on our way through Canada to Alaska this summer. Verizon and T-Mobil sucked. I recommend ATT Unlimited+.
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4