Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cell Phone Photos and Outlook

covetsthesun
Explorer
Explorer
DH and I have not NO smart phones.
Mine is a flip phone and his is a Blackberry ish type.
In the past, we were able to take photos with our phones and then send them by 'message' (not email) ,
from the phone to our hotmail (outlook) email accounts. No problems. Ever.

Sometime last year...outlook updated and we could no longer send photos to our hotmail/outlook email accounts. Last October outlook was supposed to roll out a "fix" for this. Still doesn't work. I can send photos from the phone to GMAIL no problem. Allow attachments and photos is checked so there's no reason from our end we shouldn't be able to send photos. If I take a photo with the phone and then send it to my hotmail/outlook account... the "message" goes through but there is no photo and no indication of an attachment.

I sent an email to outlook support and have been having an incredibly frustrating experience with them. They keep asking the same questions over and over and continuing to get the issue confused. It seems like they are clueles.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with hotmail/outlook? I apologize if this isn't clear...I've just spent a lot of time today back and forth with outlook "support". :S
15 REPLIES 15

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
covetsthesun wrote:
Yep. Flip phone and MMS. And yes, all of my contacts are in my hotmail accounts. There are so many contacts that the thought of moving it all to GMAIL :E.
Well, importing to Gmail is not usually a problem, a Google search will produce plenty of instructions such as this one.

But moving to Gmail probably would not help, i.e. sending photos via MMS to an email client. They are two different things (MMS and email) and I am kind of surprised you could do this with Hotmail. But then, that would just be one of many things I am not aware of. ๐Ÿ™‚

But in spite of the fact that your flip-phone is relatively new, it is still a generation behind in technology. Choosing to live with the seeming simplicity of this world is certainly anyone's choice to make, but it has consequences.

My wife lives in this world (not a flip phone but a "dumb" phone). As resistant as she is when it comes to technology she has started making noises about upgrading to a smartphone. The sky may be falling...
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
About the time Hotmail was changed to Outhouse is when I gave up on taking pictures with my phone and use my camera. I hardly use my phone anyway and there are too many "things" on a smart phone and with severe dyslexia I get lost, gave my old samsung to BSA camp.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

covetsthesun
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
She is not using outlook on the sending end

But i get what you are saying
Use the mobile internet to directly access the web version of Hotmail
And send the photo to herself

Might be possible depending on what flip phone, and what carrier
I could do that with my lg flip phones on Verizon years ago,
Kinda clunky not as easy as using MESSAGING
But that requires having 'data plan' for mobile web
Text and MMS, only require text msg, not internet data

We use our phones as... well... phones. And we do take pictures with them from time to time and do a lot of texting to friends,kids and gkids. We're with ATT and bought the flip from them. The only logo on the phone is the ATT globe. I don't surf the net, read email or anything internet on my phone.

I prefer to use the MMS messaging rather than internet. As I said, it used to work fine sending pix from the phone to my email account using MMS. And... people who have smartphones have tried to send phone photos to our hotmail (outlook) account and they don't come through either. Not the phone. It's Outlook.

I just wondered if anyone else was having this issue and what they did about it.

covetsthesun
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
Is there a reason you are fighting getting a modern phone?

The companies have little interest in keeping 10-15yr old phones operational so when an issue crops up, they really don't care if it gets fixed. You can get a pretty cheap smart phone that will allow far more flexibility in taking and sending photos.

I don't need...or want a smart phone. Not fighting anything. I just don't live on my phone. And... people we know who DO have smart phones cannot send photos from their phones TO our hotmail (outlook) email accounts.

This has nothing to do with our phones. By the way... my flip phone is only 2 years old. They still make them.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Is there a reason you are fighting getting a modern phone?

The companies have little interest in keeping 10-15yr old phones operational so when an issue crops up, they really don't care if it gets fixed. You can get a pretty cheap smart phone that will allow far more flexibility in taking and sending photos.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

MrWizard
She is not using outlook on the sending end

But i get what you are saying
Use the mobile internet to directly access the web version of Hotmail
And send the photo to herself

Might be possible depending on what flip phone, and what carrier
I could do that with my lg flip phones on Verizon years ago,
Kinda clunky not as easy as using MESSAGING
But that requires having 'data plan' for mobile web
Text and MMS, only require text msg, not internet data
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you go to the Internet on your phone and go to www.hotmail.com and send it from there? That would bypass outlook on the sending end and might let the photo come through.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

covetsthesun
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard, sigh. I tried sending a phone photo to XXX@outlook.com and the "account" doesn't exist. So... MSN only recognizes XXX@hotmail.com. Nice try though. Darn it.

Toedtoes... I have no idea what you mean. I have a flip phone... don't have email hooked up to the phone...so interface????

covetsthesun
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
are you sending to xxx@hotmail
or XXX@msn
or xxx@outlook

it might make a difference if you try the other way

as is, send to gmail then forward to hotmail when on the PC so you can send them to your contacts
which is probably what you are doing, but want to cut out the gmail step

I'm sending to XXX@hotmail.com. I will try xxx@outlook.com and let you know what happens. Thanks for the tip!

MrWizard
are you sending to xxx@hotmail
or XXX@msn
or xxx@outlook

it might make a difference if you try the other way

as is, send to gmail then forward to hotmail when on the PC so you can send them to your contacts
which is probably what you are doing, but want to cut out the gmail step
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you skip outlook and send straight from the hotmail interface?
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

covetsthesun
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
the OP is using a 'Flip' NON-SMART, no gmail to use

IF i understand this correctly, she is using MMS (multi-media-messaging)
to send a photo to gmail, but MSN is not accepting, mms input
the attached image does not arrive

M$ has always been a little persnickety, and has changed from hotmail to MSN mail, and then something else and back
always the protocols change a little each time

i would forget about MSN, send my pictures to gmail, and NOT worry about MSN

but maybe all her contacts she wants to forward the picture too, are on her msn account, not her gmail account

Yep. Flip phone and MMS. And yes, all of my contacts are in my hotmail accounts. There are so many contacts that the thought of moving it all to GMAIL :E. I still sign in as @hotmail.com. It comes up as "outlook" though. MSN has been an aggravation off and on... but all my business and personal contacts are through hotmail.

Outlook's "support" is a joke.

MrWizard
the OP is using a 'Flip' NON-SMART, no gmail to use

IF i understand this correctly, she is using MMS (multi-media-messaging)
to send a photo to gmail, but MSN is not accepting, mms input
the attached image does not arrive

M$ has always been a little persnickety, and has changed from hotmail to MSN mail, and then something else and back
always the protocols change a little each time

i would forget about MSN, send my pictures to gmail, and NOT worry about MSN

but maybe all her contacts she wants to forward the picture too, are on her msn account, not her gmail account
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
rv2go wrote:
I just sent a picture from my phone to my msn.com address.

Me, too. clicked on a pic in my gallery used Gmail to send it to msn.com. Arrived right away.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?