cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Direct to stop SD transmission on Dec.31

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just spent 45 min on the phone with Tech support. Trying to get directv to let me change a good SD card from a broken SD receiver to a working receiver same model that I have. Would sell me a new card for the working receiver for $20.00. But advised that DirecTV was going to stop SD transmission on Dec. 31. Will have to wait and see if it's true or not.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH
19 REPLIES 19

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Or switch to Dish T V and get HD and same channels as before. Less expensive and less hassle.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep in mind that you simply cannot move a card from 1 receiver to another. If you want to pursue that route you will need a new card. However, here's some info I posted elsewhere.......

IF THIS FINALLY DOES HAPPENS, as DTV had been promising for about 2 years, domes and 18" round dishes will not stop working. However ALL SD receivers will quit working. The other issue is that dome and 18" antenna users will now receive programming in full HD (with an HD receiver) but what programming will be available is still unknown. You will still only be able to receive programming from the 101 satellite and the majority of programming is currently on 99 and 103. The 101 will still be around for many years to come so if they cut out the SD they can move more programming to 101. What makes the most sense to me, however, is that they would no longer need to duplicate channels on multiple satellites so, at best, less than 1/3 of the DTV programming would be coming from the 101 satellite. So NO NETWORK programming at all and a highly reduced channel list would be available to those to continue to try to use the outdated dome technology.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
What's your plan if they do?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
The continuing DTV SD scenario reminds me of the Keystone Kops.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Surprised DirectTV waited this long to discontinue SD. As Petula Clark sang...โ€Itโ€™s a sign of the times...โ€ do dah, do dah.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad