cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Directv receiver settings

johnc486
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning to take one of the home receivers on the upcoming camping trip and would like to know how to acquire the settings for home use when returning? I hope this ? makes sense. Is their a way to access this info from the other home receivers not taken on trip, all info is greatly appreciated and this a GREAT site.
9 REPLIES 9

johnc486
Explorer
Explorer
Bill
I just purchased the DishPointer App and checked the location I had the Satelllie, sure enough, a tree was blocking the path. Tomorrow I will try to set it up here at home before departing on vacation Tuesday. Again, thanks to all for the info. and help ( thanks again Bill for the App suggestion ), everyone have a great week-end.

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
" You set your antenna elevation, azimuth & skew to the location, but the receiver does not change."

There are setting that you MAY or MY NOT have to change.
If home is HD and camping is SD dish you need to change that setting.
Also you may need to change the setting for multi-dish or SWM.

And, as someone said, practice at home first.
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK

johnc486
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks All
After giving it more thought and research, I came to this conclusion. Thanks Bill for the App suggestion,I just want to take H25 receiver from home for vacation and replace for home use afterwards. Thanks again for all the help and info.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
At home you won't need to do anything. The antenna is always pointed properly so you don't need to know az, elev., skew settings and no matter what you set in the receiver will not have any affect on that as it is only information used by an install and not information used by the receiver.
If you have a smart phone you can download an app made by Augmented Reality called Dish Pointer Pro which will make setting up at your remote locating very easy.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
BTW what receiver model?

Said it was H25

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
It appears that you are confusing the dish antenna settings with the receiver settings. You set your antenna elevation, azimuth & skew to the location, but the receiver does not change. I assume you are not removing your dish from home.
The receiver setup screen gives you the location settings for your dish location, but nothing changes in the receiver.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
On the road you simply go to setup page and follow the instructions. You should practice at home first to be sure of how to do it. At home the receiver automatically finds the dish. BTW what receiver model?

johnc486
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick reply. By settings, I meant elevation, azimuth and tilt (skew) to set the receiver back to its original settings before removing from home to reuse at home residence. Hope this clears things up, my communications skill leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks. Also, I have the tripod antenna Sl5 SWM and HD H25 receiver.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what you mean by "settings". Take the receiver out of the house, plug it into the dish...turn it on, make sure you have the dish aimed correctly and you should get a picture.

DIrecTV on their website, has a "aim" page. Just type in the zip code you are currently in and aim the thing...that is if you are basic (tripod,strength meter and compass) like me. If you have one of the "self aiming" products, it will most likely do the work for you.

g'luck!